XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > X1 DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions

05-06-2018, 05:21 PM   #1
unbalanced
Rep
Drives: X1 e84

I want to enter the retrofit world

Hi all,

I've bought just a second hand BMW X1 (e84), 20d xdrive, 12.2012 and it has only back sensors and sometimes its difficult to park because i feel that car is big for me (never drove that kind of car before)

Well I've asked BMW Switzerland in order to add front sensors and rear camera and they gave me an offer which is around 5000 chf (around 5000 dollar). I could buy actually newer car if i knew that it is so expensive like that. Half of the price is for working cost.

(If somebody want to see the offer I can add it here)

Well I am not sure that I can do this by myself because I do not have so much experience with car. I am actually a software engineer.

But I have time to do that step by step

i can find the controllers/devices and sensors on ebay and I think it will be cheaper and I will do rest myself..

Is there anyone who can guide me? I think for e84 retrofitting is not so popular..

Or should I give up and sell my car and buy a new which offers that kind of things..

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2018, 11:10 PM   #2
d1saster
Captain
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: F15 N55 & E93 N51

E84 shares the same modules with E90 so there’s already plenty of info.

You need to replace the PDC module with one that has front sensors. Of course four new sensors too. Then you need to code the car with new option. You need specific cable to connect the car with a computer.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 03:45 PM   #3
P@shencia
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 x20d 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbalanced View Post
Hi all,

I've bought just a second hand BMW X1 (e84), 20d xdrive, 12.2012 and it has only back sensors and sometimes its difficult to park because i feel that car is big for me (never drove that kind of car before)

Well I've asked BMW Switzerland in order to add front sensors and rear camera and they gave me an offer which is around 5000 chf (around 5000 dollar). I could buy actually newer car if i knew that it is so expensive like that. Half of the price is for working cost.

(If somebody want to see the offer I can add it here)

Well I am not sure that I can do this by myself because I do not have so much experience with car. I am actually a software engineer.

But I have time to do that step by step

i can find the controllers/devices and sensors on ebay and I think it will be cheaper and I will do rest myself..

Is there anyone who can guide me? I think for e84 retrofitting is not so popular..

Or should I give up and sell my car and buy a new which offers that kind of things..

Thank you
its possible and I think it's around 1000-1500$ for all
If you do it yourself
Appreciate 0