XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

06-15-2015, 06:47 PM   #1
Powerslide
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Chicago Blackhawks v. Tampa Bay Lightning

Go Blackhawks!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 07:12 PM   #2
tareemaa
Bimmer Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslide
Go Blackhawks!!!!!
Fuck yes

Last edited by tareemaa; 06-16-2015 at 12:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 07:57 PM   #3
Powerslide
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tareemaa
Quote:
Go Blackhawks!!!!!
Fuck yes
I should have Lups' vote - Kimo Timonen on Blackhawks...
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 08:34 PM   #4
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tareemaa View Post
Fuck yes
+1.... Fu*k yes!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 10:02 PM   #5
IRNM4N
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Congratulations Hawks. Excellent win. Was an exciting series for sure. Chicago has built their team right and has 3 cups in 5 to show for it. As an avid Lightning (and hockey) fan, I believe that our ownership and GM are modeling TB after teams like Chicago. This hurts for Tampa, as I know how difficult it is to even get a look at Lord Stanley's cup with the gruel it takes to get there. Enjoy it boys!
      06-15-2015, 10:22 PM   #6
myzmak
Advocatus Douchebagus. Sex Marxist.
Canada
Rep
Drives: Lucy.

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRNM4N View Post
Congratulations Hawks. Excellent win. Was an exciting series for sure. Chicago has built their team right and has 3 cups in 5 to show for it. As an avid Lightning (and hockey) fan, I believe that our ownership and GM are modeling TB after teams like Chicago. This hurts for Tampa, as I know how difficult it is to even get a look at Lord Stanley's cup with the gruel it takes to get there. Enjoy it boys!
An avid lighting fan. Native Floridian? Or a transplant? Either way, does Bettman send you personally signed Xmas cards?

Glad to see you exist though and aren't just a rumour!
      06-15-2015, 10:50 PM   #7
///M_Monster
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP (on order)

Oh we exist...
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 11:16 PM   #8
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Perfect ending to the best playoff hockey I've ever seen. It's amazing the way this team always finds a way to win, and they only get better with their backs against the wall. Those guys all deserve it.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2015, 05:46 AM   #9
Powerslide
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef
Perfect ending to the best playoff hockey I've ever seen. It's amazing the way this team always finds a way to win, and they only get better with their backs against the wall. Those guys all deserve it.
Yes indeed - hats off to Blackhawks - they've done a hell
of a job as an organization and as a team.

I have to say - Tampa Bay was really a fantastic team and organization as well - they are definitely going to get a Stanley Cup soon - and I'm glad they made it the closest Stanley Cup in history - nobody knew it was a Hawks win until about a minute left in the third period!!

If Tampa truly models themselves off of the Blackhawks they could
easily be the next dynasty (I'd just like to see the Hawks get s few more Cups first though)!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2015, 08:03 AM   #10
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef

I have to say - Tampa Bay was really a fantastic team and organization as well - they are definitely going to get a Stanley Cup soon - and I'm glad they made it the closest Stanley Cup in history - nobody knew it was a Hawks win until about a minute left in the third period!!

easily be the next dynasty (I'd just like to see the Hawks get s few more Cups first though)!
Agreed. I thought the Ducks were actually a better team than Tampa, but I respected Tampa's style of play and the tightness of their defense much more. The Ducks were all about physicality, intimidation, and getting cheap shots in when the refs weren't looking, and all they did was cry about how the bounces didn't go their way whenever they lost. Tampa on the other hand, is a young team with a ton of speed and talent, and I was most impressed by their maturity and poise throughout the series. They seemed calm and collected every minute, whether they were leading by a goal or trailing.

Will be interesting to see what happens next year, but the leadership the Hawks' have from a few key players and Quenneville is something that won't get traded away due to salary cap, and you need look no further than Teravainen to see what young players can do when surrounded by the right leaders. I fully expect the Hawks to be as deadly next year as they were this year.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2015, 09:28 AM   #11
myzmak
Advocatus Douchebagus. Sex Marxist.
Canada
Rep
Drives: Lucy.

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslide View Post

Well, THAT might be a bit of an exaggeration.

It was a good series - not the most exciting or high scoring, but solid, solid hockey throughout. And in the salary cap era, what the 'Hawks have put together is impressive. Will be interesting to see what happens to the team with a few of those long term contracts really starting to bite this summer. In theory, they should not be able to hang on like this (by keeping the high price talent, they have to cut too many of the 2nd tier guys who form the solid backbone and depth of any good team).

But it is great to see the Hawks revived from where they were 10 years ago and good to see hockey still somewhat cared about in Bettman Belt teams.

For those who live in Tampa, how hard was it to get tickets during the playoffs?

(I briefly considered getting some to the Anaheim / Flames series in California (and could easily find seats still available), though the timing didn't work out for me to take a trip there....)
      06-17-2015, 08:53 PM   #12
goon
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i AW

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [10.00]
The blackhawks played the most well rounded team effort throughout the playoffs. The leaders of the fallen teams collapsed in every post season matchup going back to Nashville. Teams can try and "model" off the blackhawks but they will always fall short because on top of skill, they have something you can't teach. Instinct? Tenacity?chemistry? mojo? I don't know the word, but I'm glad they have it. And I'm going to bask in it's glory because who knows what next year brings. Until then, we're 2015 Stanley Cup Champions!
Attached Images

06-22-2015, 07:13 PM   #13
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goon View Post
The blackhawks played the most well rounded team effort throughout the playoffs. The leaders of the fallen teams collapsed in every post season matchup going back to Nashville. Teams can try and "model" off the blackhawks but they will always fall short because on top of skill, they have something you can't teach. Instinct? Tenacity?chemistry? mojo? I don't know the word, but I'm glad they have it. And I'm going to bask in it's glory because who knows what next year brings. Until then, we're 2015 Stanley Cup Champions!
I've always tried to my finger on the word as well. When the games start to really matter (games 4-7), they just step their game up. They know they're talented and when it comes time to win, they find a way no matter how ugly.