XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

04-06-2014, 07:47 PM   #45
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 Coupe

And for anyone who wonders on the time, .5 seconds on a 1:35 lap is a HUGE gap. In addition to that, the Z28 was wearing stickier tires. Put the same tires on the GT3 and the gap would be even bigger.

Last edited by Wolfinwolfsclothing; 04-06-2014 at 07:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2014, 10:09 PM   #46
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinwolfsclothing View Post
And for anyone who wonders on the time, .5 seconds on a 1:35 lap is a HUGE gap. In addition to that, the Z28 was wearing stickier tires. Put the same tires on the GT3 and the gap would be even bigger.
It's getting a bit tiring to hear that retort whenever another car wins over the class favorite. The Z/28 and GT3 had factory tires. Deal with it. Stop going, " Well the GT3 would be even faster if you put the same tires on it!"

Yes the tires help the Z/28 with its track results, but Porsche is able to put those tires on the GT3 if they so desired. Until then, deal with the result on hand.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2014, 11:19 PM   #47
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep
Drives: chariot

Quote:
what are you, 3 yrs old?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2014, 12:40 AM   #48
Soorena
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebishman View Post
Isn't the Trofeo 'R' a DOT R rated road tyre just like the Michelin PS Cups, with comparable longevity, grip, etc?
Bish
Yes. However, they are very different. With the Trfoeos here if you crash in wet surface, insurance companies no longer support you. The Rs are supposed to be less aggressive than normal Trofeo, but still The sport Cups 2 can't match them. My 458's now have Trofeos all around and the difference is night and day between them and the previous Cup tires. One brother mentioned Hoosier-like grip and he's right. Also you should have in mind these have Hoosier-like longevity as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2014, 10:13 AM   #49
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
I feel like I've wandered to the Honda Civic forums.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2014, 02:09 PM   #50
bmwluvr24
Driving Mika all over California.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
I feel like I've wandered to the Honda Civic forums.
Good thing non of us were wondering! And yes, are we going to start some stupid fucking motor to motor debate? Or are we going to start talking about how a tow hook really does add that last bit of class to the POS it is attached to? The Z/28 is a monster of a car. It out performed Godzilla on one of the reviews on the track, so let's give this car some credit. Tires or not it is still one helluva machine!! Oh.........and it didn't catch on fire. That is a big plus in my book.