Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

01-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #23
nospam
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 Alpina B6; 430i; X5 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStephenMasek View Post
If they can not even bother to have a functioning web site, especially after months of it not working, what does that say about their attention to quality? What does that say about their attitude towards potential buyers?

By the way, I was a computer consultant (IBM mainframe), and have taught programming, and sold software before I become an environemntal consultant and owner of an environmental consulting company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam View Post
Is this for real? ROTFLMAO

If it's not working for months, the problem is your computer. I've never had a problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam View Post
I am experiencing the problem at the moment. However, to say that it has not worked for months or won't buy a BMW because of website issues is ludicrous. I checked and Kia's & Hyundai's sites are working. Enjoy your Sportage or Tucson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FStephenMasek View Post
Come on now, I didn't type "not buy," but in this day and age, it should raise concerns about the manufacturer. Unless I learn something to change my mind, the X1 is at the top of my list. No front wheel drive, or front drive-based AWD designs are on my list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnestHouse View Post
Of course it's for real. It smells of a Javascript logic or compatibility error in the X1 page. That is obvious and explains why it works on some but not all. Further evidence is how the other car configurators work just fine.

EPILOG: With no change at all to my computer or browser, the X1 configurator is now working. Thanks BMW.
I did overreact a bit. But I think you misunderstood what I was reacting to (or did not read the entire thread).
Appreciate 0