XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

11-12-2010, 03:03 PM   #1
nicholls
Rep
Drives: bmw x1

steering wheel paddles

i am in australia and ordered a new x1 s drive auto it arrived and has steering wheel paddles with looks like an ungrade for 2011 ?? does any one know if other items are added at not extra cost as the paddles apear to be ?? also i ordered and paid for front parking sencers and wonder if these are standard now ?? maybe i am due a rebate i and i do not ever remember seing an x1 without front sencers i enjoy the information found here thank you richard
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2010, 03:49 PM   #2
yohans
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive20d

Welcome to the forum

In Australia as far as i know PDC on the front has always been an option. Rear was standard.

I suggest you get the car's build options list from the dealer. This will tell you what is standard vs extra option.

Are you enjoying your Sdrive?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2010, 04:00 PM   #3
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholls View Post
i am in australia and ordered a new x1 s drive auto it arrived and has steering wheel paddles with looks like an ungrade for 2011 ?? does any one know if other items are added at not extra cost as the paddles apear to be ?? also i ordered and paid for front parking sencers and wonder if these are standard now ?? maybe i am due a rebate i and i do not ever remember seing an x1 without front sencers i enjoy the information found here thank you richard
Very market dependant I think. I also have a MY11 Auto but it came without the paddles. Rear PDC is standard here and the front comes with the optional "Comfort" pack. Cruise control came as standard with the pack from MY11.
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2010, 12:50 AM   #4
OliNZ
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMWx1

New Zealand X1 now also has paddle shifters as standard
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2010, 11:23 AM   #5
Gatekeeper
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Security

Standard on 23d and SE trim in the UK and France.
      11-29-2010, 04:47 PM   #6
carven
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xDrive20D Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholls View Post
HI. Just joined this forum. My Xdrive20d auto will arrive at the dealership today. Hope it will come with the paddles as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2010, 01:27 AM   #7
Pepe79
Red Devil
Rep
Drives: X1 20d xDrive

Congratulations! I will have the same in few months. Longest waiting ever. I look the catalogue each day I saw in the catalogue - anfd in the dealership 2 types of paddles. Hope the one we'll get is the newer one, like in the catalogue. (could you post a pic on yours when you get them? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by carven View Post
HI. Just joined this forum. My Xdrive20d auto will arrive at the dealership today. Hope it will come with the paddles as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2010, 03:50 AM   #8
OliNZ
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMWx1

I believe all MY2011 X1 2.0d and above have the SMG type paddles as standard, its the " + -" paddles as oppose to the SSG type which are "push" and "pull" from the MY2010 2.3d

My x1 will be ready for delivery in 35 hrs ( yes I m counting)
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2010, 04:45 AM   #9
carven
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xDrive20D Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
Congratulations! I will have the same in few months. Longest waiting ever. I look the catalogue each day I saw in the catalogue - anfd in the dealership 2 types of paddles. Hope the one we'll get is the newer one, like in the catalogue. (could you post a pic on yours when you get them? )
Will definately post pics here... Not sure will have the car ready by this week or not, as there are lots of paperwork, tinting, etc etc... tried to catch my car at the dealership today but wasn't there... delay?
and I saw another new xdrive20d there, unregistered, but without the paddles...
PADDLES PADDLES PADDLES ON MINE PLS!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2010, 11:13 AM   #10
Pepe79
Red Devil
Rep
Drives: X1 20d xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by carven View Post
Will definately post pics here... Not sure will have the car ready by this week or not, as there are lots of paperwork, tinting, etc etc... tried to catch my car at the dealership today but wasn't there... delay?
and I saw another new xdrive20d there, unregistered, but without the paddles...
PADDLES PADDLES PADDLES ON MINE PLS!!!
Yes-yes-yes I want them too!
Appreciate 0