05-15-2010, 07:12 AM   #45
niknik
Private First Class
Portugal
Rep
Drives: X1 23d

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxx View Post
Do you guys know if you get the Xenon headlights, you are "forced" to get the adaptive driving lights option too?
Those are separate. You can get the Xenon lights without the adaptive motion (it's an extra "extra"

You can't get the adaptive lights without Xenon, though.

In here the Xenon costs 620€ (and you automatically need to get the "lamp washing" water squirter, which costs 280€ - which means 900€ total)

The adaptive lights are 430€ on top of that.

Regarding the water squirters, and knowing that squirting water won't clean anything by itself - I've heard that those are mostly for defrosting reasons in cold countries, as the Xenon Lights don't heat up as much as regular ones. Can anyone confirme/deny?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2010, 12:48 AM   #46
happygirl
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Car

I'm collecting her this Friday afternoon!!! The rest of the week is going to be a torture!!!

She has the following specs:
- xDrive20d auto
- Black Sapphire Metallic paint
- Black leather interior, matt silver trims
- Business Nat Sav System
- Front & Rear parking sensors
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2010, 03:04 AM   #47
nagelixin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
I'm collecting her this Friday afternoon!!! The rest of the week is going to be a torture!!!
How exciting!

Please post some pics, that is after you stop spending every hour of the day with her!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2010, 06:12 AM   #48
boxx
Enlisted Member
Rep

So happy girl? Did you get your X1?? How's it going so far?
I've ordered my X1 too. Due late August/early Sep
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2010, 11:46 AM   #49
mozdal
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep
Drives: E84 & F20 & F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post

Regarding the water squirters, and knowing that squirting water won't clean anything by itself - I've heard that those are mostly for defrosting reasons in cold countries, as the Xenon Lights don't heat up as much as regular ones. Can anyone confirme/deny?
Headlight washers are for cleaning the headlights indeed. It is a must with xenon option because xenon light refracts so much when it hits the dirt on the headlight covering and disturbs the coming traffic. Just like a headlight without calibration. Yes, it doesn't make it crystal clear but it cleans enough to avoid refractions using high pressure water. The price actually is for xenon headlights + headlight washers + auto leveling sensors on wheels. Laws prohibit manufacturers from selling those separately.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2010, 03:44 AM   #50
happygirl
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Car

Yes, my X1 has been delivered to me yesterday! I can't be any happier with her! She is driving so smoothly as well... pics to come... it has been raining in Melbourne for the past couple of days, so I'll have to get her polished up again for some photos!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 05:33 AM   #51
nagelixin
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
Yes, my X1 has been delivered to me yesterday! I can't be any happier with her! She is driving so smoothly as well... pics to come... it has been raining in Melbourne for the past couple of days, so I'll have to get her polished up again for some photos!!!

Good news. Please post some pics when you have time.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 08:53 AM   #52
andret
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT ZCP

I was supposed o have taken delivery of my wife's new X1 yesterday. When we arrived at the dealer, the sales guy took us over to the new shiny vehicle to show us around. As we wandered around, I had a look to check that everything was in order.

My wife commented on the black colour of the vehicle asking if this was the metallic black. She said it wasn't as sparkly as she thought it might be. The sales guy said it was just that we were inside and it looked better in the sunlight.

Then I noticed something. I stood still for a moment whilst I considered how to politely nofity him of my observation. I gently said to the dealer, "um, where is the sunroof?". We both stood still for a few moments, then he quietly slipped away without saying a word.

My wife and I then noticed the new 3 series waiting along side and she commented on what a nice colour that is. We asked the guy polishing the car and he said it was the metallic black. Our X1 was supposed to be the same colour but it was clearly jet black.

The sales guy returned after a few minutes to explain that this was not actually our vehicle, but the one we originally ordered and subsequently changed the specs. Our name was still on this vehicle so he had thought that this was ours. Lucky we didn't sign the paperwork. You think someone would have noticed.

Anyway, have to wait another 3 weeks now for our correct vehicle to be ready. I'm told it is in the country, so hopefully it won't be too long.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 11:17 AM   #53
boxx
Enlisted Member
Rep

Needless to say, how embarassing for the dealership. It also goes to show how some salespeople tend to have reflex lines (i.e. it looks better in the sunlight) rather than assess the situation and consider maybe they are wrong. All this is stating the obvious I realise

You would think that they would have picked up on subtle features such as the colour. I'd expect a salesperson to accurately assess non metallic black and metallic black instantly, as they see it all the time, let alone the blantantly distinguishable panoramic sunroof (esp if this is Adelaide Motors).

Kudos to your wife's keen eye andret. I will definitely not be assuming all is correct before I sign anything when I eventually pick up my X1!!

Appreciate your post, to serve as a reminder to always check for what you've pay for!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 06:29 PM   #54
Nedlands
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 CF Comp, 2010 23 X1

Just ordered one yesterday
Has anyone else come across this issue?
On my first visit to the dealership, a car was priced up. I didn't sign up without doing a bit for research. I read this forum and looked at the LCT (Luxury Car Tax) part of the options list as posted on the first page. It soon became apparent that the Price list I had did not have this amount of detail. Just the final price. As the car I wanted, 23, and as it uses less than 7 l/100km, LCT is raised from $57k to $75k; therefore no LCT for me. Went back to the dealership, they reduced the price of all of the options by 30%, took a bit more off, and away we went. One 23 with Roof, paint, leather, park, sports seats, ipod, all under the LCT. 4 month wait...........
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #55
boxx
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hey mate
No I wasnt aware of this. So do you mind me asking what the price was initially and what it was reduced to?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2010, 05:46 AM   #56
Nedlands
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Base car was 67500 drive away, options took it to 75 flat. This will not be the best deal in the country as lucky Perth has only one, yes one, BMW dealer there is no opportunity to shop around.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2010, 05:50 AM   #57
Nedlands
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Every option was 30% off so saved circa $2400 plus got about $500 off the total price.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2010, 06:11 AM   #58
boxx
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hey thanks for that Nedlands. I just ordered one too (the sDrive 2.0) and will see if I cant get some discount off of the options. Mine was about 70k with all the options. Thanks for the post
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 10:12 PM   #59
Astroboy87
Rep
Drives: Suzuki Swift

Nedlands,
Was it the 33% LCT that they removed (so it would just be the price of the option plus GST) or was it the original price (+ GST) less 30%?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 07:49 AM   #60
Nedlands
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

check out page 1 of this thread. That states exactly the breakdown.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 08:05 AM   #61
yohans
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive20d

My options were priced exactly as per the details on page 1 of this thread.

The middle column excluding LCT
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 06:41 PM   #62
Astroboy87
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yohans View Post
My options were priced exactly as per the details on page 1 of this thread.

The middle column excluding LCT
Ok so my options should come to around 11k with a driveaway price of around 63k if I get the s18i with:

Tasman Green (partner wants the space grey now..)
Business Sat nav
Sunroof
323 18" wheels
X-line pack
Harmon/Kardon sound system

Do BMW ever sharpen the prices at all? So say 60k? It will be a year after the launch of the model so I might just play the 2 dealers against each other.

Wondering if the xenon headlights are worth it? (1k so not exactly expensive).
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 07:19 PM   #63
Nedlands
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

I think you would be doing well if you get a $1k off.

Not too sure about the Xenon headlights. I didn't order them as the car already has headlights and I dont get to look at them. I would send the money on sports seats. Another thread was talking about how bad the standard seats are.

I ordered space grey.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 08:04 PM   #64
Astroboy87
Rep

Are you happy with the colour post-purchase? I was thinking of leaving the standard sensatec with high gloss black trim for a classy effect. Did you get the x-line package?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 11:18 PM   #65
boxx
Enlisted Member
Rep

There's a chance there will be specials if you order a bit later. I asked if there were special offers a few months ago but the dealers said there weren't as its a brand new model (not surprisingly)
Also with the Xenon headlights, they are actually 2k (as by law Xenon lights require the headlight washing system, so those 2 together are $2k)
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 05:42 AM   #66
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxx View Post
There's a chance there will be specials if you order a bit later. I asked if there were special offers a few months ago but the dealers said there weren't as its a brand new model (not surprisingly)
Also with the Xenon headlights, they are actually 2k (as by law Xenon lights require the headlight washing system, so those 2 together are $2k)
I mentioned this in another thread but think its relevant here wrt the Xenons. In the UK they come with the headlight wash and self levelling as standard by law. Not often mentioned though is that the xenons also add rear led's as well. Xenons of course also give you the "cats eye" daytime running lights. A good deal I think for £600.
Appreciate 0