XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

09-09-2013, 02:48 AM   #1
huacker
Rep
Drives: X1 S18d 2013

X1 crashed

unfortunate to my less than 1 year old X1 crashed. front bumper and the right xenon light got to be replaced. My X1 doesn't come with front packing sensor, since I am replacing the bumper, can I replace the bumper with the front parking sensor? p/s: my X1 has iDrive
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #2
Bill B.
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2, '13 X135i '15 S1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by huacker View Post
unfortunate to my less than 1 year old X1 crashed. front bumper and the right xenon light got to be replaced. My X1 doesn't come with front packing sensor, since I am replacing the bumper, can I replace the bumper with the front parking sensor? p/s: my X1 has iDrive
Bummer about the crash huacker. The electronic distance system includes a Park Distance Controller (PDC) module as well. I'm guessing there is probably some programming required too.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #3
Dark-Sider
X1 driver
Germany
Rep
Drives: X1 1.8d sDrive

In Germany neither rear nor front/rear parking sensors (PDC) are stock. I don't know about Australia - but you I'm guessing by your post that your might be equipped with rear only parking sensors.

- You need the front bumper with the four sensors
- You need an upgraded version of the PDC control module
- You need to wire the front sensors to the PDC module

- The car needs to be properly coded to recognize the new and upgraded PDC.

Since you might want to activate the front PDC w/o shifting to "R" there has to added a small button below the a/c control pannel for manual (de)acitvating the PDC. This button also requires recoding the a/c because it goes thru the a/c module.

In Germany, upgrading a rear only PDC car to front/rear PDC costs >1.000 €. This should also equal a four figure number ins AUS-$.

bye,
Darky
Appreciate 0