XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Watches

01-25-2015, 09:08 PM   #45
BklynE70Matted
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 M Sport

Garage List
2011 BMW X5 e70  [0.00]
2011 Bmw  [0.00]
I am a brietling guy I have 2.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 09:23 PM   #46
David 12
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i BSM, M Sport

Nice choice on the Breitling - Sorry I am a little late, I was going to recommend the new 46mm Breitling Navitimer.

I am also looking at the Ball watch brand for my next choice.

Good luck,

Dave
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 09:55 PM   #47
jstnstr
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 M340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by David 12
Nice choice on the Breitling - Sorry I am a little late, I was going to recommend the new 46mm Breitling Navitimer.

I am also looking at the Ball watch brand for my next choice.

Good luck,

Dave
Thanks man. One thing I really like about the colt is that it's only 11.25 mm thick but doesn't wear that way. I'm not a fan of real thick watches- I find them uncomfortable when I wear long sleeves or wear gloves (all day at work).

| Previous: 18 M3 ZCP | 17 M3 6MT | 15 M235i |
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 11:34 AM   #48
JDS
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 MBB F97 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstnstr View Post
Thanks man. One thing I really like about the colt is that it's only 11.25 mm thick but doesn't wear that way. I'm not a fan of real thick watches- I find them uncomfortable when I wear long sleeves or wear gloves (all day at work).
I didn't realize many NFL quarterbacks wear watches whilst "at work"
Gone: 2015 F80 M3 - Mineral Grey Metallic
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 02:26 PM   #49
jstnstr
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS
Quote:
I didn't realize many NFL quarterbacks wear watches whilst "at work"
Haha I wish. More like purple nitrile gloves (anesthesia).

| Previous: 18 M3 ZCP | 17 M3 6MT | 15 M235i |
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2015, 04:09 PM   #50
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Did you decide, OP?

I noticed in my inbox that Jomashop is having a sale.

Omega Planet Ocean - $2500

You may want to check to see if they have similarly nice prices on Tag or Breitlings that interest you.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2015, 12:06 PM   #51
BXdriver
Four stripes vehicle commander
Norway
Rep
Drives: 21 BMW X5 45e

Excellent choice!

I haven't really noticed this thread before now, sorry.
Nice watch!
I might be a bit biased - but then again, maybe not, because I do own a lot of watches from warious brands
(including "typical" brands like Rolex and Omega) - but very often (like 7 out of 10 days) I do wear one of my Breitlings.
I saw you firstly considered a TAG with two time zones - almost a combination of YOUR latest purchase - and my latest.
I choose the new Breitling GMT II with light/cream dial a few Months ago - very similar to your new Breitling. Very comfortable.

There are a LOT of watch brands out there, many more interesting than Breitling totally (at least for me personally)
- but it's hard to beat Breitling for quality, interesting history/background and pure craftsmanship - at an excellent price point.

Great,

I just say - enjoy your new timepiece and drive safely!!

Take care, all best
Bent
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2015, 06:47 PM   #52
Laurus_CEO
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Breitling FTW!!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2015, 09:28 PM   #53
jstnstr
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the kind words guys, I am definitely VERY happy with my purchase. I love the quality feel and the watch is beautiful. Keeps great time of course as its COSC certified. About +2 secs a day so far.

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2015, 09:32 PM   #54
jstnstr
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Did you decide, OP?

I noticed in my inbox that Jomashop is having a sale.

Omega Planet Ocean - $2500

You may want to check to see if they have similarly nice prices on Tag or Breitlings that interest you.

All the best.
I definitely got excited when I saw that one, but I noticed it was only 36mm and a 'unisex' watch which I thought would be way too small for me. Otherwise I would of been all over an Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXdriver View Post
I haven't really noticed this thread before now, sorry.
Nice watch!
I might be a bit biased - but then again, maybe not, because I do own a lot of watches from warious brands
(including "typical" brands like Rolex and Omega) - but very often (like 7 out of 10 days) I do wear one of my Breitlings.
I saw you firstly considered a TAG with two time zones - almost a combination of YOUR latest purchase - and my latest.
I choose the new Breitling GMT II with light/cream dial a few Months ago - very similar to your new Breitling. Very comfortable.

There are a LOT of watch brands out there, many more interesting than Breitling totally (at least for me personally)
- but it's hard to beat Breitling for quality, interesting history/background and pure craftsmanship - at an excellent price point.

Great,

I just say - enjoy your new timepiece and drive safely!!

Take care, all best
Bent
Beautiful watch, I saw one very similar in the Breitling Boutique today picking up an extra strap and wished I had noticed it earlier!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2015, 02:07 AM   #55
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 sold, M4 F82

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words guys, I am definitely VERY happy with my purchase. I love the quality feel and the watch is beautiful. Keeps great time of course as its COSC certified. About +2 secs a day so far.

Iam speechless...
OP what a beautiful watch, congratulations and wear it in good health!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 12:12 AM   #56
M-Powa!
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i Msport/ SQ5

I would definitely go for a Breitling. I currently have an Indy 500 Formula 1 Tag, only reason I got this instead of a Breitling is b/c of my small wrist. Breitling's in general tend to be larger with the Colt being the smallest. Perhaps later on I'll look back into getting another watch.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 06:11 AM   #57
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I definitely got excited when I saw that one, but I noticed it was only 36mm and a 'unisex' watch which I thought would be way too small for me. Otherwise I would of been all over an Omega
If you haven't actually tried on a 36mm Seamaster, I strongly suggest you hustle over to a store and do so. I think you'll find it doesn't wear as small as the numbers might suggest. Men have literally for decades worn 34-38 millimeter watches. The relatively recent trend for larger diameter watches is little different then rising and lowering hemlines, "in" and "out" of favor colors, widening and thinning ties and lapels, pleats and then no pleats, and other fashion trends that do nothing other than give consumers a reason to buy something new.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2015, 03:48 PM   #58
DB9506
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 M-Sport Mineral Grey

The two brands are not comparable in my opinion.

The Tag is more of mid level brand. Quality product. Think VW.

The Breitling more of a premium brand. Higher end. Think BMW.

My money would be on a Breitling.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 09:13 AM   #59
Yarvis
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 SDrive 30i

A little late here since the OP bought the Breitling and is happy with his choice. I own a bunch of watches from Longines, Oris, Certina, Tag and even boutique brands. I would have recommended the Breitling that you originally bought. I would have looked at Super Ocean 42mm's and 44's only because they seem to be the best priced of the Breitlings. Now if we want to be really different here, there is a company named Ball and they have a line that they partnered with BMW. Some of those watches are very subtle in the BMW badging and some are over the top. Ball makes some of the best watches for night time or dimly lit situations, having gas tubes in them.
      03-09-2015, 11:11 AM   #60
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB9506 View Post
The two brands are not comparable in my opinion.

The Tag is more of mid level brand. Quality product. Think VW.

The Breitling more of a premium brand. Higher end. Think BMW.

My money would be on a Breitling.
That just goes to show one how effective various makers are at establishing a brand image. Of the two makers, only Tag actually produces haute horology watches, which from a demonstrated capability perspective, definitely puts Tag above Breitling. (http://www.calibre11.com/inside-haut...-at-tag-heuer/)

On a watch by watch comparative basis, I think the two companies are more or less the same in terms of the quality and technical merit of their wares, except at the haute horology level, because Breitling has no products at that level. Now that doesn't surprise me as the two companies have a history of sharing movements and innovations. (http://www.watch-wiki.net/index.php?title=Chronomatic)

All the best.

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 04:20 PM   #61
DGR TSR
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp; 2015 M235i Coupe

Choices

I collect German and Swiss watches. With your criteria, I would look at Meistersinger or a Nomos, for an unusual watch, Sinn, for a sturdy watch, and Blancpain, for a classic sports or a classic formal watch. Probably only the Blancpain will hold its value over time. Then, of course, there is the Apple watch ...
Appreciate 0