XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

09-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #67
netarc
Rep
Drives: Audi A3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSportX1 View Post
Yes, I am in the Bay Area. I went to Steven Creek BMW twice. They have two X1s; one is xDrive35i, midnight blue, and the other is sDrive28i, white. In my second time visit, the midnight blue one was disappeared (sold) and the white was pending for sale.
No, the midnight blue looks different from the deep sea blue. The photos posted by PaulJ above are actually close to what I saw in person. The ones with gas door open show the midnight blue color under strong sun lighting -- a kind of the mix of blue and green. The one in parking lot shows the color without strong direct sun lightning -- a kind of mix of dark blue and black.
fantastic, that's about the most useful thing I've read about how mid blue and deep sea blue differ - thanks!

A followup - do you think the midnight blue, as dark as it is, would be as susceptible to showing dirt & scratches as black typically is, or less so?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #68
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarc View Post
fantastic, that's about the most useful thing I've read about how mid blue and deep sea blue differ - thanks!

A followup - do you think the midnight blue, as dark as it is, would be as susceptible to showing dirt & scratches as black typically is, or less so?
My wife's last car was a Jet Black 135i, now she has a Midnight Blue X1. First, the non metallic colors like JB and my old Imola Red M Coupe show all imperfections much worse than the metallic colors like MB. Second, it's really not a very dark color and has lots of metal flake, so it resists visible swirls pretty well. I had to do a ground up detail at least twice a year on the 1er and suspect that I'll be able to keep to a once a year schedule on the X1.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 01:51 PM   #69
netarc
Rep

Thanks folks ... just ordered my X1 xdrive28i Sports Line in Midnight Blue w/Black+red piping interior & Aluminum trim; eta 6+ weeks

Ach, I do wish they'd allow for the Terra option, I think that'd look great with this car! I really wanted to go with the Coral Red, but that was too much 'bling' for the wife
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #70
netarc
Rep

wondering if you can comment on the Servotronic, how you like that compared to the non-servo models?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #71
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarc View Post
Thanks folks ... just ordered my X1 xdrive28i Sports Line in Midnight Blue w/Black+red piping interior & Aluminum trim; eta 6+ weeks

Ach, I do wish they'd allow for the Terra option, I think that'd look great with this car! I really wanted to go with the Coral Red, but that was too much 'bling' for the wife
We have a Midnight Blue / Terra X Line. We debated going the M Sport route, but really preferred the color combination of the X Line.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 11:21 PM   #72
Bmwlvr60
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 28i

Garage List
2014 BMW 528ix  [0.00]
2013 BMX X3 28i  [0.00]
Midnight Blue is my favorite of all the blues available for the X1. LeMans Blue is very bright and if you want to be noticed that's your color or the Valencia Orange. Sea Blue is a nice color, but has a purple hue. Midnight Blue is a softer more subdued blue, but that may not be what you like.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #73
sg746
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

X1 - x28i and not x35i

I bought the same X1 last month, now I wonder/regret that I should have got x35i instead. Any comments?
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 10:53 PM   #74
Humble_Bear
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 530i,10 Golf,11 Sorento V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg746 View Post
I bought the same X1 last month, now I wonder/regret that I should have got x35i instead. Any comments?
Thanks.
So in what way are your regreting for not getting the 3.0t, not enough power from the 2.0t?
Appreciate 0