Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

09-15-2012, 12:07 AM   #23
kychungkevin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xdrive28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by heisalan View Post
That's the problem. Dealer has showed me their order-production list from Germany, the deal between them is: the whole batch of production number 3982057 (finished production as of Sept. 6th)should be arriving the States no later than 23rd Sept.
From what I understand all east coast deliver are using Wallenius & Wilhelmsen ships. Their last and only vessel out of Bremerhaven since sept 6th was vessel "Toronto" at Sept 13th. And should be on port of NY by Sept 26th. Here is the ship tracking info:
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...mmsi=232664000

Other ship coming are Topeka and Carmen; on Sept 19th and 20th and at NY Oct 3rd and Oct 1st.

Hope mine is in Toronto now
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 12:40 AM   #24
heisalan
Photographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kychungkevin View Post
From what I understand all east coast deliver are using Wallenius & Wilhelmsen ships. Their last and only vessel out of Bremerhaven since sept 6th was vessel "Toronto" at Sept 13th. And should be on port of NY by Sept 26th. Here is the ship tracking info:
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...mmsi=232664000

Other ship coming are Topeka and Carmen; on Sept 19th and 20th and at NY Oct 3rd and Oct 1st.

Hope mine is in Toronto now
Thx, at least I know that the bottom line would be Oct 1st.... Renting car is... adding up bills. S***, shall we cut $500 from dealer?
      09-15-2012, 01:36 AM   #25
Irish-Texan
BannerMan
Ireland
Rep
Drives: X3 35i MSport / X1 28ix MSport

Today, 9/11 ordered 28i XDrive Sapphire Black/Coral Red/Alum.Trim w.MSport 18"mixed wheels/Ultimate/Lighting + paddle shifters/heated seats/sat.radio/apps.
Order status went to 112 after being entered, so hopefully goes into production shortly.
Dealer estimates 5/6 weeks from status 112. Greatest unknown is how soon it gets on board ship transport after production.
Hoping it arrives before my "Olympic drive" voucher expires on Oct.31.

Last edited by Irish-Texan; 09-20-2012 at 08:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #26
popopine
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Blk x3 m40eye

Just found out mine is on the TORONTO. Arriving in NY on 9/26 as was stated above.
How long do you think from port to the dealership?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #27
jeremicium
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 328i

Garage List
Our X1s build completion date was Sept. 6th, it departed Bremerhaven on the NYK Line Antares Leader on Sept. 15th. Estimated arrival at Port Hueneme, California is Oct 10th.

Detailed info:

X Ref number: 13469-05

Shipping number: CA0009 NYK

Not sure what these mean.

If this vessel follows the same routing as my previous delivery it would stop in the U.K. for a day or two to load Mini's and other Britmobiles, then it should go direct to the west coast via the Panama Canal.

....So, for you west coast guys that had build dates of late August-Early September, there is a decent chance you are on the Antares Leader.

Here's a pic:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 01:58 PM   #28
heisalan
Photographer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremicium View Post
Our X1s build completion date was Sept. 6th, it departed Bremerhaven on the NYK Line Antares Leader on Sept. 15th. Estimated arrival at Port Hueneme, California is Oct 10th.

Detailed info:

X Ref number: 13469-05

Shipping number: CA0009 NYK

Not sure what these mean.

If this vessel follows the same routing as my previous delivery it would stop in the U.K. for a day or two to load Mini's and other Britmobiles, then it should go direct to the west coast via the Panama Canal.

....So, for you west coast guys that had build dates of late August-Early September, there is a decent chance you are on the Antares Leader.

Here's a pic:
Do u know anything about east coast delivery? Same vessel?
      09-18-2012, 02:29 PM   #29
jeremicium
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Do u know anything about east coast delivery? Same vessel?
Sorry I don't. To my understanding, East coast deliveries go on a different ship.

Your CA at the dealership can get all the info for you (ship name, estimated arrival date, etc.) If they say they can't then they suck. Once the vehicle is on a ship BMW USA no longer is involved in tracking, and the car is considered a part of the dealerships incoming inventory, and the dealership has all the info.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #30
heisalan
Photographer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sorry I don't. To my understanding, East coast deliveries go on a different ship.

Your CA at the dealership can get all the info for you (ship name, estimated arrival date, etc.) If they say they can't then they suck. Once the vehicle is on a ship BMW USA no longer is involved in tracking, and the car is considered a part of the dealerships incoming inventory, and the dealership has all the info.
They said they cant, yet got the VIN.... Does that mean the car hasnt even been shipped?

Last edited by heisalan; 09-18-2012 at 03:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #31
kychungkevin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xdrive28i

Quote:
They said they cant, yet got the VIN.... Does that mean the car hasnt even been shipped?
Like I said Heisalan, east coast shipment use Wallenius Wilhelmsen, not NYK (K-Line).

I am from NJ and my x1 was finished on Sept 5th so we should be on the same boat. My rep tells me today that it is still sitting at the port so for sure it is not on "Toronto". I hope it will be on the ship Topeka or Carmen.

One way to check if your car being ship you can do this:

Go to http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp

• Go to “track and trace” cargo section on the homepage.
• Enter the VIN in the “Cargo ID” field of the form
• Hit “Track”
• Status will be displayed once Wallenius has taken taken possession of the car and selected it for shipment.
• You will then know the ships name.
• If “no records are available” is displayed, Wallenius Wilhelmsen does not yet have your car in their possession, your car is not being
transported by their fleet, or the tracking system is lagging behind actual status – which is quite common.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #32
heisalan
Photographer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kychungkevin View Post
Like I said Heisalan, east coast shipment use Wallenius Wilhelmsen, not NYK (K-Line).

I am from NJ and my x1 was finished on Sept 5th so we should be on the same boat. My rep tells me today that it is still sitting at the port so for sure it is not on "Toronto". I hope it will be on the ship Topeka or Carmen.

One way to check if your car being ship you can do this:

Go to http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp

• Go to “track and trace” cargo section on the homepage.
• Enter the VIN in the “Cargo ID” field of the form
• Hit “Track”
• Status will be displayed once Wallenius has taken taken possession of the car and selected it for shipment.
• You will then know the ships name.
• If “no records are available” is displayed, Wallenius Wilhelmsen does not yet have your car in their possession, your car is not being
transported by their fleet, or the tracking system is lagging behind actual status – which is quite common.
Jesus, my CA promised to arrive early Sept. Now it is Oct!! What can we customer do? Isn't US law favor customer?
      09-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #33
Bill B.
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2, '13 X135i '15 S1000R

Quote:
Jesus, my CA promised to arrive early Sept. Now it is Oct!! What can we customer do? Isn't US law favor customer?
When did you place an order? I don't know what the dealer told you, but they can't make delivery guarantees. Delays happen.

Unless you have something in writing, which I doubt you do, then you don't have any cause.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 05:18 PM   #34
heisalan
Photographer
United_States
Rep

Early Aug. No written, but witness. And if i dont pay in full, they will not let me drive away. If i leave $500 due, my chance of winning the case is??? ( if not at the cost of no warranty)
      09-18-2012, 06:04 PM   #35
Bill B.
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2, '13 X135i '15 S1000R

Quote:
Early Aug. No written, but witness. And if i dont pay in full, they will not let me drive away. If i leave $500 due, my chance of winning the case is??? ( if not at the cost of no warranty)
6-8 weeks is the usual timeframe from order to delivery. It isn't reasonable to expect a delivery in 4 weeks, no matter what a salesperson promises you. I think you should consider being patient, and enjoy your new car when it arrives.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 08:58 PM   #36
jeremicium
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Heisalan let me help you as you seem to be very confused. Is English, by chance, your second language?

Your Client Advisor at the dealership should not make any promises about when a car being special ordered will arrive at the dealership. There are too many variables for them to make anything more than a ballpark estimate of arrival.

As said before, 6-8 weeks is a good ballpark estimate of the time it takes from the order being put in (usually when you give them the cash deposit) to the time it arrives at the dealership. Being on the east coast you may be closer to 6 weeks than 8.

Did you track your vehicle as it was being built either through BMW USA or the BMW USA 1-800 number? If so, when was your car completed? The tracking program gives you a very good idea of where your car is up to the point that it is dropped off at the port in Bremerhaven.

As Bill B said, unless you have already established in writing some deal where the dealership agrees to give you a discount if the car arrives after a certain date...then you have no grounds for asking for them to discount the car. On the other hand...no harm in asking for it.

Based on the other people on here, if you put your order in sometime in mid to late August, you are likely have your car sometime in ealy to mid October.

It is hard to follow some of your posts...is it possible that your CA at the dealership is encountering the same communication challenges? If so, this may be the cause of any misunderstandings. Then again, there are also just plain crappy dealerships too.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 09:07 PM   #37
TX65
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X1 S

Wallenius Wilhelmsen and K-Line Steamship Lines are east coast

NYK Line West Coast

Trucking to dealer, Waggoners Trucking does a lot of hauling for BMW.

I ordered on Sept 1

Sailed from Bremerhaven on Sept 16 on K-Line MV Florida Highway

Due Charleston SC on September 30 after stops in Baltimore on the 26th and Brunswick on the 28th.

In 2006, my Mini Cooper S came through Charleston and was unloaded at port and delivered to dealer in Houston in 3 days.
      09-18-2012, 09:39 PM   #38
heisalan
Photographer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Heisalan let me help you as you seem to be very confused. Is English, by chance, your second language?

Your Client Advisor at the dealership should not make any promises about when a car being special ordered will arrive at the dealership. There are too many variables for them to make anything more than a ballpark estimate of arrival.

As said before, 6-8 weeks is a good ballpark estimate of the time it takes from the order being put in (usually when you give them the cash deposit) to the time it arrives at the dealership. Being on the east coast you may be closer to 6 weeks than 8.

Did you track your vehicle as it was being built either through BMW USA or the BMW USA 1-800 number? If so, when was your car completed? The tracking program gives you a very good idea of where your car is up to the point that it is dropped off at the port in Bremerhaven.

As Bill B said, unless you have already established in writing some deal where the dealership agrees to give you a discount if the car arrives after a certain date...then you have no grounds for asking for them to discount the car. On the other hand...no harm in asking for it.

Based on the other people on here, if you put your order in sometime in mid to late August, you are likely have your car sometime in ealy to mid October.

It is hard to follow some of your posts...is it possible that your CA at the dealership is encountering the same communication challenges? If so, this may be the cause of any misunderstandings. Then again, there are also just plain crappy dealerships too.
Thanks for reminding! I will ask for a possible compensation chance. My order was put on August 9th, finished production either Sept.5th or Sept.6th, 1-800 told me it was loaded on "a" ship on Sept.12th. My CA said today that he cannot tell which vessel it is, but the car is on "a" ship, status is 194 or 195. I tracked on the cargo ID site with my VIN, it says "not in record".

I have been renting a car now, that's why I'm acting aggressively here.

My car's configuration is: base xdrive28i leather+wood+paddle shifter, paddle shifter was added after placing the order and before production began.
      09-18-2012, 10:06 PM   #39
HGLGEL
Rep
Drives: 2002 325 sport, 2013 X1 s28i

Ordered on July 28 , at dealer Sept 16 in Conn.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 10:10 PM   #40
jeremicium
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks for reminding! I will ask for a possible compensation chance. My order was put on August 9th, finished production either Sept.5th or Sept.6th, 1-800 told me it was loaded on "a" ship on Sept.12th. My CA said today that he cannot tell which vessel it is, but the car is on "a" ship, status is 194 or 195. I tracked on the cargo ID site with my VIN, it says "not in record".

I have been renting a car now, that's why I'm acting aggressively here.

My car's configuration is: base xdrive28i leather+wood+paddle shifter, paddle shifter was added after placing the order and before production began.

Show your CA this thread. Ask him why CAs at other dealerships are able to get the ship name and estimated arrival date at the port. It sounds like your CA either doesn't want to help you, or just sucks at his job. Maybe talk to someone else at the dealership.

Also, here is a link to ship tracking:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53173
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 10:28 PM   #41
heisalan
Photographer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Show your CA this thread. Ask him why CAs at other dealerships are able to get the ship name and estimated arrival date at the port. It sounds like your CA either doesn't want to help you, or just sucks at his job. Maybe talk to someone else at the dealership.

Also, here is a link to ship tracking:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53173
The guy is a newbie. Will ask someone else to look at my case.
Off topic: Just a feeling, stayed in Chicago for 3 years and now 1 year in Northern VA. Not all, but most people are arrogant and mean here in Northern East part. Taking too much ego, as compared to Mid-west. So usually tell friends in Non-EDT area: if you want to experience a real Uncle Sam's harsh social environment, want to be a hard-core winner, come and live at northern east coast.

Last edited by heisalan; 09-18-2012 at 10:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 02:32 PM   #42
MistySS
Rep
Drives: X1

Mine shipped out yesterday on a ship named "florida highway"!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 03:23 PM   #43
Tirpitz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 328 GT, 2017 i3 REX

I ordered mine on Monday (Sept 17) and my CA informed me that it went into production with VIN assigned today (Sept 19). For me the long part will be the trip from Europe to California.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 06:50 AM   #44
phames
United_States
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive281 M Sport

I ordered mine on August 21. It completed production on September 5. It was reported as "released to carrier" and "awaiting transportation on September 7. It was reported as being transported to the port of exit on September 11. On September 12 it was reported as at the port awaiting shipping vessel. The status remained at that point until September 19, when it changed to 'in transit".

The X1 is on the Antares Leader, heading to Port Hueneme and that ship departed Bremerhaven on on September 15, early morning, so the BMW tracking information is/was running four days behind at that point.

Because the Antares Leader is a NYK Lines ship rather than a WWL ship, you can't track a specific vehicle by VIN. I have verified the ship information with the dealer. They are agreeing with the ship schedule and are currently telling me that it is expected to arrive at Port Hueneme on October 10 and they should have it, in Southern California, on October 15.

For those interested, one site I checked says Panama Canal on October 1, the other says September 29. It is difficult to accurately track a ship across the Atlantic, but once it gets close to Panama, the various AIS tracking sites will show its location and the Canal website has web cams that it you time it right will show the ship going through the locks.

Yes the 25 day trip from Germany to California is a difficult wait, without a lot of updates.
Appreciate 0