XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

12-16-2013, 01:52 PM   #23
Eric5273
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1

The main issue I have with the iPhone adapter is that I keep a case on my iPhone, and I'm pretty sure it would not fit in the adapter with the case. Too much of a pain to have to take the case off every time I want to plug it in.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #24
FLX1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 28i

Pretty much every time I lift the armrest, which I did again today on a long road trip, the stupid cradle just pisses me off. What a disappointing and over-engineered waste of space.
Complaining about it certainly doesn't solve the problem, but maybe someone at BMW will run across the thread and figure out a way to resolve the embarrassment.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 10:05 PM   #25
iride4u
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 35 M-Sport Dinan

You do have to remove the case from your I-Phone for it to fit. I just have a simple snap on one.
I also get mad at the wasted space, the whole console is a very poorly designed piece of junk. While the one in the X3 had its problems they could be fixed with a simple shelf.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #26
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

The main problem I have with it is that not everybody have or even want an iPhone. If you gave me one, full plan paid, I wouldn't want it.
My only guess is that everyone in BMW marketing use iPhones and can't understand that everyone else don't want it, and would feel inconvenienced by having the cradle forced on them.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 02:45 PM   #27
GTony
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 F25 XDrive 28i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLX1 View Post
Pretty much every time I lift the armrest, which I did again today on a long road trip, the stupid cradle just pisses me off. What a disappointing and over-engineered waste of space.
Complaining about it certainly doesn't solve the problem, but maybe someone at BMW will run across the thread and figure out a way to resolve the embarrassment.
That's why I taped mine to the armrest/centre console. At least when I lift up I'm looking at a hole.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #28
Eric5273
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovsnus View Post
The main problem I have with it is that not everybody have or even want an iPhone. If you gave me one, full plan paid, I wouldn't want it.
My only guess is that everyone in BMW marketing use iPhones and can't understand that everyone else don't want it, and would feel inconvenienced by having the cradle forced on them.
The solution would be to make cradles for other popular phones. Or maybe just make a kind of all purpose cradle that fits all different phones and has interchanging plugs so you can choose the one that fits your phone. They make phone holders that are adjustable and fit all different phones, and I've seen phone chargers that have 5 or 6 different interchanging plug adapters, so I don't see why they can't do something like that.

Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #29
ht2
Registered
Rep
Drives: Leaf/ Ordered base X1sdrive28i

My question is how to remove "Telephone cradle, lower section". (see 6 of link below)
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...38&hg=51&fg=35
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #30
GTony
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 F25 XDrive 28i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by iride4u View Post
You do have to remove the case from your I-Phone for it to fit. I just have a simple snap on one.
I also get mad at the wasted space, the whole console is a very poorly designed piece of junk. While the one in the X3 had its problems they could be fixed with a simple shelf.
Agree. My wife got new iPhone and I inherited her 4s + the 12v Plug in Car Charger. I got an All Weather Proof Case for it which takes time to put on/take off. The 240v Charger that came with the phone fits with the case on But the Car Charger doe's not, the male plug is to big to go through the case hole. I will now have to look for one that fits or an Adaptor to go on the Adaptor etc. etc. Buy the time we get all these accessories for our (including other) phones to work in the car there wont be enough storage space to put them.
Appreciate 0