04-17-2011, 05:22 AM   #1
melts
Enlisted Member
Singapore
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive18i

Maxi-Cosi Pebble

Hi folks, just to share.

Our baby (human, not the X1 ) just arrived and we installed the ISOFIX with the Pebble.

The ride home from the hospital was so comfy that our baby slept through the 30 mins ride.

My only complaint is: the rear legroom is a little limited hence fixing the Maxi-Cosi Pebble required me to shift the front passenger seat forward to make room for the infant seat.

Anyone else have similar experiences?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
manicm
First Lieutenant
Rep

I experienced something similar last weekend when I showed my car to my cousin, and his 2 daughters were keen to ride in and get under the sunroof. After 10 mins the younger 7 year old fell asleep!

Personally, I wish the ride was a *touch* more compliant over bumps, but I also think the runflats actually make the car handle better / more stable.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #3
terryd
Rep
Drives: Honda S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by melts View Post
Hi folks, just to share.

Our baby (human, not the X1 ) just arrived and we installed the ISOFIX with the Pebble.

The ride home from the hospital was so comfy that our baby slept through the 30 mins ride.

My only complaint is: the rear legroom is a little limited hence fixing the Maxi-Cosi Pebble required me to shift the front passenger seat forward to make room for the infant seat.

Congratulations on your new arrival!

We have the cabriofix car seats on the easyfix base. I would have to say that rear space with these fitted is one of the biggest issues I have with the X1.
I'm only 178cm (5' 10") and still had to move my seat slightly more forward and upright from my normal driving position. It's still comfortable (just).. but I wouldn't want to be any taller! Haven't driven further than the hospital 5 mins away yet, so my opinion on comfort is subject to change!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 01:06 PM   #4
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Gets better as they get older. Those infant seats do take up a lot of space with their complex and bulky base support systems. Older stage child seats that use the simple isofix anchors take up less space. My 7 year old now uses a britax seat behind me and I am quite comfortable at 1.83m.
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 02:48 PM   #5
manicm
First Lieutenant
Rep

Mario, can't wait for Sep to get Star Wars on Blu-ray
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 03:48 AM   #6
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicm View Post
Mario, can't wait for Sep to get Star Wars on Blu-ray
I already have it on pre-order at Amazon
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2011, 08:40 AM   #7
omariko
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Maxi Cosi Pebble

Hi folks,

I just got my BMW X1 after also getting a new baby and purchased the Maxi Cosi Pebble car seat.

I am fixing it using the rear seat belts throught the side guids and the rear one and its quite ok because i place the seat behind the passenger seat and return it till it is approx 1 cm away from the casr seat so i can pass the belt.

Any ideas on how this ISOFIX works rather then the belt approach??....

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2011, 08:58 AM   #8
terryd
Rep
Drives: Honda S2000

Unfortunately with twins I don't get the option of just putting a seat behind the passenger!

ISOFIX is great, very very easy to fix in and very easy to connect the seats onto, it really takes seconds. I use the sunshine kids full seat protectors too which fit and look good on black leather.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 05:36 AM   #9
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by omariko View Post
Hi folks,

I just got my BMW X1 after also getting a new baby and purchased the Maxi Cosi Pebble car seat.

I am fixing it using the rear seat belts throught the side guids and the rear one and its quite ok because i place the seat behind the passenger seat and return it till it is approx 1 cm away from the casr seat so i can pass the belt.

Any ideas on how this ISOFIX works rather then the belt approach??....

Thanks
Hi omariko, welcome to the forum.

If you have the Maxi-Cosi Familyfix base it comes with the ability to use the ISOFIX anchor points and you should use them if you can. I don't know the specifics of the seat you have but it should have come with instructions that shows you how. On the car side of things the ISOFIX anchors are on the rear seats between the base and the backrest. There are 4 anchors in total, two left and two right. Some markets also allow for a front seat option but this is rare. Basically the catches on the child seat clip onto these anchor points attaching the seat directly onto the body of the car. Some seats further require you to pass a tether over the backrest and clips on behind. If you look inside the boot you will see these anchor points on the back of the backrest, if that makes sense.

As I said, if you have ISOFIX, use it if you can. Its the safer option.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 09:07 PM   #10
Nakrob
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive 18i

I've just been fitting the maxi cosi mico into our new X1 and am a little disappointed about the resulting lack of room.

We can't use the ISOFIX system in Australia so have to use the belts to lock the base unit into place. Behind the passenger seat results in limited leg room up front for the passenger so I tried to mount the base in the centre of the back seat but the belt doesn't allow it. Major frustration as I can't see how we can get an additional two adults in the car now with the baby seat.

Should really have looked at this in more detail before making the X1 purchase as it hobbles what otherwise has been a great purchase for us.

Anyone else had success in fitting a child seat in the centre of the back seat? Does this improve once we can fit a forward facing child seat?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 02:06 PM   #11
rafaelfontoura
Rep
Drives: bmw x1 s drive 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by melts View Post
Hi folks, just to share.

Congrats for the baby!
i got a baby girl 6 month ago and i have instaled the baby seat with isofix and seat bealt together.
unfortunately the baby seat move forward the passenger seat a lot. only very small people can use the passenger seat and unconfortable.
But the baby has been our priority.
instead of, i have repeated a lot iam very happy with my bimmer!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 05:17 AM   #12
Trumpy
Australia
Rep
Drives: X1 20d sDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakrob View Post
I've just been fitting the maxi cosi mico into our new X1 and am a little disappointed about the resulting lack of room.

We can't use the ISOFIX system in Australia so have to use the belts to lock the base unit into place. Behind the passenger seat results in limited leg room up front for the passenger so I tried to mount the base in the centre of the back seat but the belt doesn't allow it. Major frustration as I can't see how we can get an additional two adults in the car now with the baby seat.

Should really have looked at this in more detail before making the X1 purchase as it hobbles what otherwise has been a great purchase for us.

Anyone else had success in fitting a child seat in the centre of the back seat? Does this improve once we can fit a forward facing child seat?
I also had the capsule behind the passenger seat, but it left no room in the front and turned a 5 seater into a 3.

I went back to the installer and had them move it to the centre seat. They had to make a spacer out of heavy duty cardboard - but it worked. If you're in Sydney I can give you the name of the place...
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 03:14 AM   #13
Nakrob
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive 18i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
I also had the capsule behind the passenger seat, but it left no room in the front and turned a 5 seater into a 3.

I went back to the installer and had them move it to the centre seat. They had to make a spacer out of heavy duty cardboard - but it worked. If you're in Sydney I can give you the name of the place...
Yeah Trumpy we're Sydney so if you can give me a heads up on the place you went to that would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 08:15 AM   #14
Trumpy
Australia
Rep
Drives: X1 20d sDrive

Sorry Nakrob, only just saw your reply. The place was BabyThings at 145 Anzac Ave Kensington. Get the old guy who owns the place to do it, just say you know he fixed it with a cardboard spacer for my car. Avoid the young Korean dude, he's the militant one who insists it goes behind the passenger seat lol
Appreciate 0