XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

08-09-2014, 09:50 AM   #23
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
Nope, that is a standard feature on the '14 SS. The '15 SS has everything that the '14 does but what is listed in the 1st post is what they are adding for the '15 model year. Except the 6 spd version won't have it because, well, they are manuals.

Just go to youtube and type in something like, 2014 SS parking assist and you'll see videos from months ago when the car was just being delivered to the dealers.
Yes we all know the '14 has parking assist. I think this particular video was either an Easter Egg or an oversight, not sure which yet.

Watch the video. It's a '15. Nobody cares about parking assist, we all know it's been on the SS from the beginning, which is why it's weird GM themselves would come out with a video implying it's new now after it's been out so long.

Four pot rears, check. MRC control at :20. Shifter moves to the driver's right to reverse (TR6060). Left leg actuating the clutch at :30. No silly inserts on the seats. Revised fascia. And the manuals do get Parking Assist, they only "miss out on" remote start.

The "big deal" about this video isn't that it involves parking assist at all, but instead that it's the first video/pic showing a '15 without any sort of disguise. That wasn't supposed to happen until this next upcoming weekend at Woodward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
i don't know a single person who would want this car. Its looking like a economy car!
That's weird because they're selling a ton of them in MI, relatively speaking of course.

I've wrongly gotten the impression that these aren't moving very fast either. I guess some OEM pressers around here even had to be pulled at one point because they needed as many salable units as possible. With the announcements of what to expect on the '15, I'd expect a slowing on that number, especially considering order banks are open on the '15 now, but apparently this car is doing a good enough job of selling itself.

Top non-GM brand on trade in for this car so far: BMW.

Last edited by ragingclue; 08-09-2014 at 10:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 01:59 PM   #24
R7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BM

Not a fan of that shape. Looks dated.
      08-14-2014, 04:51 PM   #25
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

LOL about the vinyl. How many threads are on E90 post about people adding vinyl to their roof? Fake carbon-fiber vinyl was the trend for a while. Guess it's okay for BMW owners to add vinyl but bad for a GM dealer to do so?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 04:53 PM   #26
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Haha, I hate GM's love of chrome wheels. I've looked at the ATS a few times and those damned wheels just kill it for me.

At least they're slowly moving away from vinyl roofs.
The ATS has one chrome wheel option. It has about 4 other wheels that are not chrome as options. And shame on GM offering a LSD for the manual transmission option for free on the ATS, where BMW doesn't even offer a LSD on any non-M 3-series.
Appreciate 0