Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

06-21-2021, 04:23 PM   #1
Mperformanc3
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X1 E84 XDrive 2.0i

Exclamation Need help! someone intentionally break my side mirrors

Hi Guys,

I need some help. Someone intentionally break my side mirrors. It appears that someone pulled it really hard while it was folded and leave the whole side mirror on the floor.

I'm trying to possibly fix it and bring it back to life or temporarily bond it for the time being while await for parts?

How do I take the whole side mirror out? do I need to remove the door cover to get access to the bolts?

I would appreciate any help on this please.

Thank you!
Attached Images

Last edited by Mperformanc3; 06-21-2021 at 04:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 06:41 PM   #2
aloyouis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 x28 MSport

People can be real assholes.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 07:22 PM   #3
Mperformanc3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloyouis View Post
100%! It’s the first time that it happened. One of our cars was parked in front of the X1 but untouched.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2021, 12:26 AM   #4
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

At one time you will need to take the door panel off in order to remove the plug so until you have the new mirror do not bother with it as you will work twice. Also be prepared with some new plastic pins for the door panel or have the dealership do it for you.

Looking at the car I believe that is either a "friend", either some vandals. Anyway, be happy the door is not dinged and the paint scratched. Usually the body gets damaged too...

I always hope that people will eventually get more educated and considerate. It seems that bad people are still out there.
Sorry for your bad experience...
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 06:56 PM   #5
Mperformanc3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
At one time you will need to take the door panel off in order to remove the plug so until you have the new mirror do not bother with it as you will work twice. Also be prepared with some new plastic pins for the door panel or have the dealership do it for you.

Looking at the car I believe that is either a "friend", either some vandals. Anyway, be happy the door is not dinged and the paint scratched. Usually the body gets damaged too...

I always hope that people will eventually get more educated and considerate. It seems that bad people are still out there.
Sorry for your bad experience...
Thanks Teutonic. It was indeed a bad experience specially if you take good care and love your cars. It still made me think why people would do that. By the looks of it, its probably out of anger, your drunk or both. but on the positive side it could have been worst.

After doing some research, the "side mirror bracket" which holds the base and side mirror snapped. I found a useful DIY instructions and the part online. However, the hardest part would be the installation as the springs needs to be compressed.

I hope this helps someone too going forward.

https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=807060
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 09:14 PM   #6
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Wow! Glad you found a diy.
I thought that your wirring was damaged too. That is definetely better if that’s all you need to do.
Hope you will bring it back to happiness!😊
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 03:39 PM   #7
jaykaybimmerguy
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 - E84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mperformanc3 View Post
Hi Guys,

I need some help. Someone intentionally break my side mirrors. It appears that someone pulled it really hard while it was folded and leave the whole side mirror on the floor.

I'm trying to possibly fix it and bring it back to life or temporarily bond it for the time being while await for parts?

How do I take the whole side mirror out? do I need to remove the door cover to get access to the bolts?

Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloyouis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mperformanc3 View Post
Hi Guys,

Thank you!
According to google the OEM factory approved resolution is a baseball bat to this guy's temple when he comes around again.
Appreciate 0