XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

04-12-2021, 10:51 PM   #1
FrankieDucks
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X1

Retrieving seat belt buckle that has been pushed below the rear seat (2015 X1)

I purchased a 2015 X1 today. After driving it a bit (and absolutely loving it for the few hours I've had it), I realized that the rear passenger seat belt buckle had been pushed down below the seat and I'm unable to grab it and pull it out. It's also far enough down that I can't push the clip in and pull it up that way.

Is there a simple solution to retrieving this?

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 06:51 AM   #2
b1aze
Just one more taste...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i 6MT MSport

I know that most other BMW models, the rear seat cushion simply pulls up and out from the front edge. A strong tug from the front of the bench cushion should release it.
      04-13-2021, 07:29 AM   #3
FrankieDucks
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X1

Thanks. Someone suggested that I get an "alarm silencer" like this and see if that's small enough to push in and tug the buckle back up. If that doesn't work when it comes tomorrow, I'll try to pull off the bench seat and fix that way. I am just now seeing how easy they are to pull off, so that shouldn't be a tough fix.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2021, 05:58 PM   #4
spackops
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X1 x35i (E84)

It's easy to pull off the rear bench seat, just yank up from the front like b1aze said. As for the buckles, it takes a bit of wiggling, but they go in and out fairly easily. I took mine off a few days ago and found a cheap wristwatch, a butter knife, several jellybeans, and a bunch of crumbs to vacuum out, all courtesy of the previous owner. Plus, I was able to wipe all the edges and creases with leather cleaner instead of having to jam my fingers into all the nooks and crannies.
Appreciate 0