XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

02-21-2018, 09:58 PM   #1
Redline_E84
Registered
Rep
Drives: Stock 2013 X1 28i Xdrive

Question New Owner, looking for some modding advice

Hello hopefully I am on the right forums for this, I just recently purchased a 2013 BMW X1 28i Xdrive 58k miles for $14,998 and came from a 2015 Civic Si Coupe. I wanted something sporty and quick but also something that would be good for my family later on. So far I love it although I miss driving a stickshift.

I would like to modify my X1, both visually and performance but almost all performance. I got a pretty good deal on this X1 and didnt hesistate to get it because of its size and the potential of the N20 Engine.
I would like a tune, I found a good deal on an AFE Power Scorcher plug in, but im wondering if I should just get a stage 2. Im not looking to spend over $500 overall for a tuning chip unless its really worth it. I would like to drop the 0-60 time down and have more power overall. I have heard that they sell stage 2 plug in units that arent actually tunes as well.. I just wouldent know how to take the tune off if BMW had an issue with a real tune (inputs?)

I would also like some more sound from this car too and have been reccomeneded everything from an air intake to a intake resonator delete with kn drop in, to a muffler delete, to a blow off valve and a set of exhausts. I want a clean but sporty nice sound and wouldent mind some loud turbo or growling. Any advice on this part would be great too!

Finally exterior Visual mods I was thinking of exhaust tips, tail light tints, colored fog lights, and window tints.

Am I seeing too much potential in this car? I will focus on tuning first as ive been searching forums for a long time and have found useful info but im still so new to BMW that I have to ask everyone here, if this is a question better suited for another forum please let me know. I look forward to being an active member here. Any input helps me! Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 05:56 AM   #2
KWX1
Captain
Rep
Drives: X1 Xdrive35i

Yes it is worth the money. http://www.burgertuning.com/N20_Jb4.html Also http://www.burgertuning.com/BMW_N20_..._Upgrades.html

Last edited by KWX1; 02-22-2018 at 06:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 12:01 PM   #3
Redline_E84
Registered
Rep
Drives: Stock 2013 X1 28i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWX1 View Post
Is it hard to install by myself? do I need to take it off before repairs or oil changes etc? How much better is Stage 2? I can get an AFE Power Scorcher much cheaper but I assume its not better. I could also go to a place and get a tune but I have no other mods.

I like that this is plug and play i just want to know how much differnt stage 2 is.
Thanks for your input, thats one mod out of the way.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 04:43 AM   #4
KWX1
Captain
Rep
Drives: X1 Xdrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline_E84 View Post
Is it hard to install by myself? do I need to take it off before repairs or oil changes etc? How much better is Stage 2? I can get an AFE Power Scorcher much cheaper but I assume its not better. I could also go to a place and get a tune but I have no other mods.

I like that this is plug and play i just want to know how much differnt stage 2 is.
Thanks for your input, thats one mod out of the way.
The sight has all that info.
      02-23-2018, 05:29 PM   #5
blackx1x35
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 xdrive35i

Aren't there reports of bent rods on tuned n20's? I heard it wasn't a very accepting motor for performance upgrades
Appreciate 0