XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

01-06-2013, 10:41 PM   #1
huacker
Rep
Drives: X1 S18d 2013

Cup holder missing

I have noticed that my car was delivered (Sept 2012) with a cup holder at the center console, the one that pop up has missing, I have asked the sales rep abt this, he just get away with "not so sure", I am not too serious about this at that time until I re-look the car spec again, it should come with 2 cup holders at the center console.

Another thing is the Front seat belt both driver & passenger, should it be some kind of pre-tension feature after you have tighten and leave the paddle, this is available on the car that we tested, is this feature gone missing too?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 05:03 AM   #2
Dandaman184
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 (Sold)

Have you looked inside your center compartment yet?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 06:01 AM   #3
Blue Bottle
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 x Drive 2.0L D

Not fitted to RHD cars for some strange reason, you only get the two cup holder under the arm rest..
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #4
dchao
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bottle View Post
Not fitted to RHD cars for some strange reason, you only get the two cup holder under the arm rest..
....because the slot would be on the driver's side in a RHD X1, and it costs too much to re-tool the center console just for the cup holder alone.

Last edited by dchao; 01-07-2013 at 01:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #5
Rockfish66
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 xdrive 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchao View Post
....because the slot would on the driver's side in a RHD X1, and it cost too much to re-tool the center console just for the cup holder alone.
The entire dash and console is different for RHD cars, so the only cost would be the cupholder itself, not the tooling.

I would think that cupholders are a US-centric thing, but to make them only for the US market, in that case, it WOULD cost more to make a LHD console with a cupholder slot for North America, and a different one without it for the rest of the LHD world. The cupholder slot does show up in photos on the German BMW site, leading me to believe they are included in all LHD cars, but I cannot find one in any images of RHD cars.

I think it's the Cupholder itself, not the mounting slot, that would be too expensive to make in the opposite hand just for the realtively-few RHD markets.
Appreciate 0