XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

12-11-2011, 01:25 AM   #1
Nakrob
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive 18i

Bluetooth and Blackberry

Been finally trying to get to grips with the bluetooth connectivity to my Blackberry and I'm a little disappointed with the X1 so far. I've got the standard stereo system without the iDrive and although my Blackberry is connected to the car it is difficult to initiate calls via the steering controls. The voice control button on the steering wheel is useless without voice control, but is there a way to initiate the voice dialing function of the Blackberry via the steering wheel controls?

I recently had a Ford Falcon hire car that did this and it makes sense. Use the smarts in the phone rather than fitting them in the car also. Once paired, holding down the call button for a few seconds initiated the Blackberry voice dial feature.

Anyone with any ideas on how this can be done on the X1 without the BMW voice control and without iDrive?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 03:05 AM   #2
Nakrob
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive 18i

So I've been doing a bit more playing with this in the car park tonight and it transpires that I can use the voice dial function on the X1 but only to dial number that I have specifically stored in the BMW 'voice dial' phone book (a bit tedious to go through and add all relevant entries).

Also, activating the voice dial function on my BB when connected to Bluetooth is useless. The BB stays silent as it thinks its connected to the BMW yet the X1 does not playback the voice dialling prompts through the speakers.

There must be some way to frig this system so that I can initiate the BB voice dialling either from one of the steering buttons or even through a voice command.

Any one got any ideas. This can't be new ground as I'm sure there are hundreds of BB using BMW drivers without iDrive in their cars.
Appreciate 0