Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

10-31-2012, 08:34 PM   #23
Tirpitz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 328 GT, 2017 i3 REX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcinvest View Post
The new CRV supposedly is pretty nice in the interior for the price point but it sacrifices speed and is reportedly I believe the cabin allows in more noise as well.
I drove the 2012 CR-V. My current car is a 2001 CR-V and while the 2012 had some advantages in the technology department it was a bit of a disappointment in the handling and power departments. Despite having more HP it did not feel any more sporty than my 2001 model and I thought that the steering feel was not as good. It was a bit quieter inside than the 2001 model. For me if $25K was my price ceiling I would have just kept my 2001 CR-V. It is still running and has never let me down. The improvements in the 2012 model car did not justify spending the money.

However for someone that just wants reliable transportation pretty much any CRV is a great choice.

Last edited by Tirpitz; 10-31-2012 at 08:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 11:09 AM   #24
mullini
Mullini
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3 BEV

I would have bought the 2012 CR-V in August if there were a model with push button start. I have had that feature since December 2005 when I bought my Lexus IS250, and I can't live without it now. I understand that in Europe the CR-V does offer push-button start, but it still hasn't made it to the US model. I did look at the high-end RAV 4 with push-button start, but it became clear this is the end for the current model. Could have gotten a great deal, I guess, but then when the new model comes out I'd probably suffer regret...

So ended up looking further and then heard about the X1...
Appreciate 0