Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

11-12-2015, 01:37 PM   #1
rps
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1

Rolling code garage door openers

I have a '13 X1 and have been having fits trying to get the mirror to accept the rolling code from my garage door opener. I have checked all of the references for pairing the two including the BMW UTube video. I had Homelink send me a repeater which allowed the opener to work for one day. The mirror accepted the code from the repeaters opener but it stopped working the next day. I just had my car into BMW for an alignment and asked them to see if they could get the code into the mirror. The SA said that they were able to get the code into the mirror. I came home and after pushing the learn button on the opener tried the button on the mirror that they said was programmed for the door. Nothing happened, the light on the mirror just flashed slowly.

I am finally thinking that I have a bad mirror. Does anyone have any ideas before I go to the dealer and have them replace the mirror?
      11-12-2015, 03:02 PM   #2
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by rps
I have a '13 X1 and have been having fits trying to get the mirror to accept the rolling code from my garage door opener. I have checked all of the references for pairing the two including the BMW UTube video. I had Homelink send me a repeater which allowed the opener to work for one day. The mirror accepted the code from the repeaters opener but it stopped working the next day. I just had my car into BMW for an alignment and asked them to see if they could get the code into the mirror. The SA said that they were able to get the code into the mirror. I came home and after pushing the learn button on the opener tried the button on the mirror that they said was programmed for the door. Nothing happened, the light on the mirror just flashed slowly.

I am finally thinking that I have a bad mirror. Does anyone have any ideas before I go to the dealer and have them replace the mirror?
You tried the second step of pressing the learn button on the motor three to five times, right? That's always worked on the four homelink mirrors I've had.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 04:03 PM   #3
vstolpner
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 F39 X2 m35i

You mean to learn the code 3-5 times, right? So press the learn button on the opener, press the button on the mirror, press the button on the opener, press the button on the mirror, etc...?
Appreciate 0