XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > X1 DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions

08-05-2016, 05:54 PM   #23
Portly
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive28i, M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontherdagain View Post
I wasn't going to pay $1,500 to buy ones with oval grills. next went on line and tried to find salvaged ones but none in beige color.
$1500?!?!?! What were they selling you? I bought both side support pieces, with grilles, for $85 - shipped.

Look on Realoem.com, get your part numbers, put them into Google, and buy from one of the online dealers.

Edit: Ok, follow-up on this. The part numbers for the side supports are as follows:
Black, right: 51462991854
Black, left: 51462991853
Beige, right: 51462991856
Beige, left: 51462991855

The problem: If you have the beige interior, apparently you're out of luck!? I found several online dealers offer the black panels for less than $35 each, but nobody has the beige ones. So, yeah, bit of a problem there, if you have the beige/tan interior.

_Jeff

Last edited by Portly; 08-06-2016 at 08:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 09:37 PM   #24
elmarko
Registered
Rep
Drives: x1 e84

erm ..i cheated ...i got hold of a single Bose 404. i pulled the 4 speakers out...they are 4 ohm each which were electrically fine....but are a triangle shape, they fitted with a fspacer in fronts and rears are only secure by 2 screws. they have aluminum coils.....apparently so have less diaphragm weight....
honest opinion is ...they sound a liltle mid range heavy...but they double the sound volume over all and now can hear songs with windows down at speed.

i did buy some speakers from jaycar...some duals and they where clearer....they where only marginally louder. anyway these speakers made enough difference not to bother with extra amps and higher again speaker quality$$. i have thought of adding a equalizer to flaten the overall sound but after turning down the treble and flat out on the bass she she sounds great with no distortion ...still not quite perfect but alot of improvement for next to nothing
Appreciate 0