Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

01-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #1
TheGuru2You
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 3.5

Free Nav Update

Good Morning everyone,
I noticed yesterday that many X1 vehicles have an open bulletin for Nav Update. You may want to check your local dealer or you can pm me you last 7 of vin and I can check for you. It should only take 2-3 hours but with BMW programming, mine took half the day.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #2
HBWT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1X 2.8

FWIW...
I was having an issue with dated maps on my X1 so I called my selling dealer and complained about said maps. The SA there told me that my car came with the latest map database and there was no update available for it.

I checked the last 7 of the VIN and there is, in fact, an open "recall". So I called BMWoNA and spoke with a REP. He said that it wasn't really a recall, that it was simply a notice that there is an update available for my if I want to pay for it. He pointed me to a website where I could BUY the latest map update. I told him the car was only 3 weeks old and that I had no intention of PAYING for squat. He recommended that I call my dealer and plead my case to them. What a shizzhead.

Clearly he was uninformed and I decided to contact an SA(and friend) at a different BMW dealer. SA#2 confirmed my thinking that there is an open "recall" and made an appointment for me to have the map update done this Friday.
So, if one dealer gives you the runaround, if BMWoNA feeds you a line of BS... try another dealer and the one that really wants your business will help you.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #3
TheGuru2You
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBWT
FWIW...
I was having an issue with dated maps on my X1 so I called my selling dealer and complained about said maps. The SA there told me that my car came with the latest map database and there was no update available for it.

I checked the last 7 of the VIN and there is, in fact, an open "recall". So I called BMWoNA and spoke with a REP. He said that it wasn't really a recall, that it was simply a notice that there is an update available for my if I want to pay for it. He pointed me to a website where I could BUY the latest map update. I told him the car was only 3 weeks old and that I had no intention of PAYING for squat. He recommended that I call my dealer and plead my case to them. What a shizzhead.

Clearly he was uninformed and I decided to contact an SA(and friend) at a different BMW dealer. SA#2 confirmed my thinking that there is an open "recall" and made an appointment for me to have the map update done this Friday.
So, if one dealer gives you the runaround, if BMWoNA feeds you a line of BS... try another dealer and the one that really wants your business will help you.
That's pretty sad, but glad your getting it done.
Appreciate 0