Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

03-18-2011, 07:49 AM   #1
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sD 18d JB

New order! (1.5 months wait)

My new order is finally in! Some of you may recall my terrible experience with the previous seller that hassled me and a lot of people for our money. That's another story in any case.

So in my second attempt to buy X1 I got (buying from official BMW seller this time around!):

sDrive 18d

Star Spoke 317
Alarm
X Line
Floor matts
Interior & Exterior auto dimming mirrors with el. subtractable ext mir
Sport seats
Compartments package
Slideable front arm rest
Xenon + washers
Parking sensor
Rain and day light sensor
AC
BMW Prof radio
Sports steering wheel
Steering wheel buttons/controls
Jet Black

1.5 months and counting... Jeez I think I'm not gonna make it this time around. Gonna go nuts after a week or two

Last edited by Kres7787; 03-18-2011 at 07:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 07:55 AM   #2
brettnosse
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Mini

I feel your pain, mines June July
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 07:57 AM   #3
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Ah when did you order? That's like 4-5 months around then? My BMW seller said that they pre-ordered production quotas hence they make 1.5 months delivery. If I'm to believe it will come on time, it doesn't actually sound like it's too long of a wait. But I wont believe it until I see it.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 09:21 AM   #4
Gatekeeper
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kres7787 View Post
Ah when did you order? That's like 4-5 months around then? My BMW seller said that they pre-ordered production quotas hence they make 1.5 months delivery. If I'm to believe it will come on time, it doesn't actually sound like it's too long of a wait. But I wont believe it until I see it.

They are so many variables offered the customer when ordering a new car, that it's very difficult to run "pre-production" cars.
You might build as many as you want, which will remain on dealer parking lots ignored by customers who will want each their particular range of options and gizmos.
      03-18-2011, 11:36 AM   #5
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Yeah they just sort of reserved slots in the production line.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 11:49 AM   #6
Gatekeeper
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Security

Quote:
Yeah they just sort of reserved slots in the production line.
I understand what it means, I'm just saying the concept has its limitations., that's why on cars ordered from the "menu" it's hard for manufacturers to deliver within less than 3 months (unless you pick a car that really doesn't sell !).
      03-18-2011, 12:17 PM   #7
DrawingArt
Private
Slovenia
Rep
Drives: BMW 320dT xDrive M-Sport

Finally Kres7787, I hope this time you get your ride. You will really enjoy it and I am glad to see you sticked to X1 nevertheless the bitter taste with previous order.

Btw. Did you think about ordering sport seats with leather option. I have to say that I hated my sport seats with black/red cloth option. I hated the black part, gets so dirty since its so static and since I have a dog, cleaning of that was nigthmare. I wanted to order partial leather/cloth like I had on my 1-er which I loved but there is not option for that in X1 and went with fully cloth and I was dissapointed big time. But now I had it fixed I have partial leather / cloth again. I found a professional company that covers seats in leather with BMW leather and the end result is like original that I had on my 1-er. Black parts in black leather and medium parts with door panels stayed the same original red BMW cloth. I freaking love it, all the stiches are as on original black cloth, all is same and that was only thing missing from that car... Next car will have full leather for sure... So easy to clean it...

I will update my pics in presentation of the car as soon I clean it next time with new interior look )

Here is how it looks like, I manipulated original pic from BMW configurator:

Nevertheless I know that you will enjoy the car. I freaking love it.

Last edited by DrawingArt; 03-18-2011 at 01:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 12:35 PM   #8
Tiboon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 20d

heureeeka ! gratz
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 03:02 PM   #9
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW120iST View Post
Finally Kres7787, I hope this time you get your ride. You will really enjoy it and I am glad to see you sticked to X1 nevertheless the bitter taste with previous order.

Btw. Did you think about ordering sport seats with leather option. I have to say that I hated my sport seats with black/red cloth option. I hated the black part, gets so dirty since its so static and since I have a dog, cleaning of that was nigthmare. I wanted to order partial leather/cloth like I had on my 1-er which I loved but there is not option for that in X1 and went with fully cloth and I was dissapointed big time. But now I had it fixed I have partial leather / cloth again. I found a professional company that covers seats in leather with BMW leather and the end result is like original that I had on my 1-er. Black parts in black leather and medium parts with door panels stayed the same original red BMW cloth. I freaking love it, all the stiches are as on original black cloth, all is same and that was only thing missing from that car... Next car will have full leather for sure... So easy to clean it...

I will update my pics in presentation of the car as soon I clean it next time with new interior look )

Very nice thanks. You are right, it is a great car

For anyone who is thinking of the full leather option I would like to add that the quality of the leather in the X1 is really very good. I have had a few cars now with leather seats but this is better than anything so far. Compared to the thin stuff in the Audi I test drove this is much, much better.
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 05:32 PM   #10
HelVan
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 18d

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario486 View Post

For anyone who is thinking of the full leather option I would like to add that the quality of the leather in the X1 is really very good. I have had a few cars now with leather seats but this is better than anything so far. Compared to the thin stuff in the Audi I test drove this is much, much better.
agreeeee!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 07:15 AM   #11
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
I understand what it means, I'm just saying the concept has its limitations., that's why on cars ordered from the "menu" it's hard for manufacturers to deliver within less than 3 months (unless you pick a car that really doesn't sell !).
Yep yep, though I hardly believe my will be delievered so soon. I'm expecting the worst, hence it wont be easy to get disappointed. x)

Quote:

Thanks man! Yeah forgot what happened sort of, and until it all goes through the court, I'll be a year or two older. You know what they say about Croatian legal system... You don't? Well it sucks. So the person who scores the most goals with goat's head wins the case. That's what it usually comes down to when court fails.

Wow you got that seat sorted. Looks grand! So cloth + leather... nice. There is that artificial leather option but dunno I went with plain cloth. I've already gone bit far with options list. Leather looks really nice, totally classy, and is easy to clean, but I'm firstly not liking the price tag, and secondly during summer it can be painful to sit down. But I guess you can just put something over it, and obviously there are more +'s then -'s.

Quote:

Better leather... interesting. Never really drove a car with leather. Well, this will be my second car...
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 07:29 AM   #12
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:

Better leather... interesting. Never really drove a car with leather. Well, this will be my second car...
Good choice for your second car !

Leather is nice but bloody cold on the a$$ in winter, hence I would say in Scotland you need to take the heated seat option as well which just adds to the price.

I quite like cloth seats as well. Nice and warm and you don't slip around so much when going around the bends

But....I have a young son (who is banned from eating in the car...but does) and getting the chocolate/banana/crisps out of the cloths seats in a VW golf I had before was driving me crazy So leather from now on
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela

Last edited by mario486; 03-19-2011 at 07:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 02:41 AM   #13
DrawingArt
Private
Slovenia
Rep

Quote:
Wow you got that seat sorted. Looks grand! So cloth + leather... nice. There is that artificial leather option but dunno I went with plain cloth. I've already gone bit far with options list. Leather looks really nice, totally classy, and is easy to clean, but I'm firstly not liking the price tag, and secondly during summer it can be painful to sit down. But I guess you can just put something over it, and obviously there are more +'s then -'s.
Still as said you can build partial leather maybe like I did cause its really other world to be honest. I missed that from my 1-er so much that I decided to go for it nevertheless I was afraid and skeptic about tearing out the seats from new car and tearing off the cloth down but somehow I said what the hell lets go... And result was WOW ... exactly same thing as in my 1-er, same quality leather, very professionally built, all the stiches are properly done ... And cost... much lower then if you order it at BMW ... 600EUR. I do not think that is bad price tag ) The guy needed 2 good days of work on it.
      03-20-2011, 04:01 AM   #14
jmtm
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: mini cooper

Hi BMW120iST good idea for the partial leather. I'll have a custom leather in my X1 too (a brown one) because the choice of color is a little bit small for the X1. In fact the dealer order the car with cloth and alcantara (pack M) and a professional company covers the seats with the leather of my choice. I had the choice between 40 different leather !!!!! I pay the price of bmw leather without any supplement.
      03-20-2011, 09:29 AM   #15
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Good choice for your second car !

Leather is nice but bloody cold on the a$$ in winter, hence I would say in Scotland you need to take the heated seat option as well which just adds to the price.

I quite like cloth seats as well. Nice and warm and you don't slip around so much when going around the bends

But....I have a young son (who is banned from eating in the car...but does) and getting the chocolate/banana/crisps out of the cloths seats in a VW golf I had before was driving me crazy So leather from now on
Yeh we oughta watch for hemoroids I actually wrote a reply to this message yesterday and it looks like I didn't posted it at all... rats

Chocolate/banana/crisps + cloth car seats sounds like a good combo! got silver parts on my current volvo cloth seats. And it's so dirty... But it's like I didn't learned anything and also ordered silver cloth on this X1 x) oh well! Silver is cool! My preference anyway

Quote:
Still as said you can build partial leather maybe like I did cause its really other world to be honest. I missed that from my 1-er so much that I decided to go for it nevertheless I was afraid and skeptic about tearing out the seats from new car and tearing off the cloth down but somehow I said what the hell lets go... And result was WOW ... exactly same thing as in my 1-er, same quality leather, very professionally built, all the stiches are properly done ... And cost... much lower then if you order it at BMW ... 600EUR. I do not think that is bad price tag ) The guy needed 2 good days of work on it.
Hm 600 EUR... Interesting. But I don't know if anybody in Croatia is doing a good job at that. Google didn't helped at all. Neighboring countries hmm. An option yeah. Dunno might do it...
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 09:33 AM   #16
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Found something. Looks like it's about 300 EUR in Croatia but that's surely some crappy leather... with blood stains etc... did that sound bizzare? Yeah prolly. But doesn't sound like it's original BMW leather.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 02:07 PM   #17
DrawingArt
Private
Slovenia
Rep

Hehe before you go for it make sure to see some cars they did. You do not want they screw your seats. I double checked my guys and even got recommendation from my BMW Dealer that they send all their cars / clients to them who wants leather update.

To be honest I would do it again anytime.

About cold / warm leather during summer / winter periods is not a problem with partial leather option. I still have seating and back parts in cloth so really small part of your body is actually touching the leather since only sides and top parts are covered in it, and that sport seat extender in front. Big difference from full leather option really. Drove them all for years and cloth/leather combo is like having full cloth...

I love the combination. But as said next time only full leather for me with heating option.