Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

10-08-2015, 02:46 PM   #23
Cyruskint
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 LCI 330d; 2002 Z3 3.0

Gap

My (UK) model with leather seats has a gap, size dependent on chosen recline(?) so I am sure it is correct. A lot of vehicles have a gap at the rear (ie below the rear window) created by having over-large rubber buffers.

IMHO this is only an issue if the manufacturer has been stingy/incompetent with insulating the boot/trunk cavity. In the X1 & E91 they have done a pretty good job, so the increase in background noise when driving is minimal without the parcel shelf.
To avoid creating a down-market impression for rear seat passengers I forbid them to sit facing the rear
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2016, 11:35 PM   #24
X1_AJG
Rep
Drives: 15 X1 S28i, 92 325ic, 07 GTI

Ok, so I think I have found the ultimate design solution in this situation for our X1's. I was going on a day trip today and was going to put the largest of the two shelves in my garage. I got lazy and was going to just lay it flat in the hatch area instead. I didn't want for it to take up the floor space and I decided to lean it against the back seat. As I was fumbling to get it in place, it magically slipped into its, do I say, designed space. And guess what, I pulled it straight out and slipped it back in through that gap. Design and function for the win!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2016, 11:36 PM   #25
X1_AJG
Rep
Drives: 15 X1 S28i, 92 325ic, 07 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by X1_AJG View Post
Ok, so I think I have found the ultimate design solution in this situation for our X1's. I was going on a day trip today and was going to put the largest of the two shelves in my garage. I got lazy and was going to just lay it flat in the hatch area instead. I didn't want for it to take up the floor space and I decided to lean it against the back seat. As I was fumbling to get it in place, it magically slipped into its, do I say, designed space. And guess what, I pulled it straight out and slipped it back in through that gap. Design and function for the win!
Another picture...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0