Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

11-06-2015, 06:42 AM   #23
PrematureApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: N55 X1, N54 135, s54 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxx1918 View Post

So.........you feel so strongly about the use of winter tires that you had to scour my previous posts and repost it several times to make your point. Traction and handling are of utmost importance to you but you have no problem with your wife trying to perhaps drive several miles to safety after her front tire went flat, the tire shredded off the rim and she attempts to steer the car as sparks are flying from the rim?
Again with the reading comprehension... talk about twisting the argument.

While I run winters, I have no problem with people getting around on all seasons. I have no problem that you chose not to run winters. Stop with the strawman arguments.

No, it is not that I feel so strongly about winter tires. I'm not claiming runflats are a must either though. See the point?

This is about how you can't see that proclaiming it's unsafe not to use runflats because of some freak occurrence where an elderly couple ran out of gas in front of a nut bag's house, while at the same time claiming winter tires aren't needed in New England, is a bit hypocritical, if not plain dumb.

You're critical of those who aren't protecting themselves against a random, crazy one-in-a-billion scenario, while at the same time, you decide not to utilize one of the most basic, well-documented safety features of all time...proper winter tires.

How to you expect to be taken seriously with logic like that?

One doesn't have to be "the smartest guy in the room" to point out your glaring lack of rational thought.

And again, you completely ignored my above point. I responded politely to your original opinion. You were the one who made it personal, telling me I was "gambling with my wife's safety".

I am?

OK then, fine.

The point is, so are you.

P.S. Sparks flying!
'08 N54 535xi touring (Bilstein B6s, Downpipes, MHD tune, baby seat)

Last edited by PrematureApex; 11-06-2015 at 06:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2015, 04:39 AM   #24
GrantE83
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 E83

If the X1 had the capacity to carry a spare I would happily.

I hate run flats but unless you carry a can of tyre foam theres not much you can do.

But you can live your life worrying 'what if I breakdown in a bad neighbourhood'
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2015, 09:29 AM   #25
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRANTLDN
If the X1 had the capacity to carry a spare I would happily.

I hate run flats but unless you carry a can of tyre foam theres not much you can do.

But you can live your life worrying 'what if I breakdown in a bad neighbourhood'
M cars have been on non RFT's with no spare for years. I had my M Coupe for fourteen and had one flat that required towing. Depending on AAA coverage where you are, Roadside shows up pretty quickly. And what are all these folks doing in the hood anyway? Buy better weed, jeesh.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2015, 10:35 AM   #26
GrantE83
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 E83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
M cars have been on non RFT's with no spare for years. I had my M Coupe for fourteen and had one flat that required towing. Depending on AAA coverage where you are, Roadside shows up pretty quickly. And what are all these folks doing in the hood anyway? Buy better weed, jeesh.
Wasn't really aware of that prior to the X1 I have owned 3 E36's and an E46..

This is the most modern car I have owned
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2015, 01:37 PM   #27
vstolpner
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 F39 X2 m35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
what are all these folks doing in the hood anyway? Buy better weed, jeesh.
+1

Appreciate 0