XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

10-04-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
radiofrequency
Field Marshall
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP, 2021 M2 Comp

Pricing Question

This might be a basic question, but it leaves me perplexed. Visited BMW website, built an X1 xDrive 35i M Line, loaded but skipped a few of the low cost options, however had full technology and premium package etc, vehicle prices out at just under $47k. I currently see vehicles not even close to this spec on dealer lots for > $49k. Is this a supply demand issue with dealers marking up? Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
JetLee
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i Cabrio, '87 CTTC

Did you look at the MSRP on the window sticker? I haven't seen any dealers around here advertising for more than MSRP. I got one quote at MSRP and the lowest was around 500 over invoice.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #3
HotRodW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 xDrive28i M Sport

If you max out a 35i you can exceed $50k MSRP. I was told BMW strongly discouraged dealers from loading up the X1 to better appeal to the lower end of the market. It's clear many of them ignored that directive. A quick Autotrader search shows inflated stickers can be found, but it appears to be minimal.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...Radius=0&Log=0

There could be dealers including add-ons as well. Leather and paint treatments, undercoating, 3M film, etc. Any dealer that believes they can get away with "market adjustment" pricing without even attempting to disguise it as a dealer option, however, simply doesn't understand consumer behavior.
Appreciate 0