XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > X1 DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

01-18-2022, 08:11 AM   #1
jon110334
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1 X28i

E84 Backup Camera Issues after Park Assist Replacement

I recently (ish) bought a 2014 X1 X28i and I spilled some water in the back area and got two control modules wet.

One was the park assist module, and the other was the backup camera control module. Almost immediately I trip a code for the parking assist, visually inspect it and realize it's toast, but the backup camera control module looks fine.

I replace the park assist module, and my park assist comes back on, but no backup camera. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I've even replaced the backup camera control module, still no backup camera.

It seems like there may be some settings that were reset as part of the park assist module replacement. Has anyone run into this issue before, and do you possibly have a course of action?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 03:17 PM   #2
Botlfed98
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1

just curious how much water got spilled?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 07:54 AM   #3
Myrthos
Rep
Drives: X1 e84

As much as i have been checking for a retrofit on my x1 2011 you need to check that the module is coded correctly with ncsexpert as there are few options that need to be enabled for the backup camera to come up
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2022, 11:51 AM   #4
domerX1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X1 E84 Sdrive

Water in controllers leads to loss of rear camera

I have a 2015 and I got water in the rear passenger side area that has the 3 controllers (comfort entry, PDC, and Camera). The water is coming in from the sunroof because my front drains are clogged and I park front down. The water comes along the c-pillar and fills up that area over time until it kills the controllers. I first found it when I got a PDC error and both my PDC and my Rear camera went out. Then I lost my keyless start and my rear hatch actuation (side door keyless entry worked the entire time). After I dried out the three controllers, my PDC came back, but no camera. All the camera options on the PDC screen are grayed out. I replaced the comfort entry/security controller for about $60 and my keyless entry came back (had to reinitialize the key controller, too). I've tried replacing the camera controller and the PDC controller, but my camera has stayed off and the options grayed out on the PDC screen. Any idea what to do? I have an OBD2 and bimmerscan on my phone. Are there options that I am not seeing?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2022, 09:42 AM   #5
BimaXking
Coast Guard
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon110334 View Post
I recently (ish) bought a 2014 X1 X28i and I spilled some water in the back area and got two control modules wet.

One was the park assist module, and the other was the backup camera control module. Almost immediately I trip a code for the parking assist, visually inspect it and realize it's toast, but the backup camera control module looks fine.

I replace the park assist module, and my park assist comes back on, but no backup camera. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I've even replaced the backup camera control module, still no backup camera.

It seems like there may be some settings that were reset as part of the park assist module replacement. Has anyone run into this issue before, and do you possibly have a course of action?
Quote:

The park assist replacement should be the cause of it
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2024, 11:55 PM   #6
Jerez418
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:

Did you figure it out??
Appreciate 0