XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

02-09-2017, 04:16 PM   #1
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R

Thank you AutoWeek:
Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R: Coming soon to a sports-car race near you

UPCOMING CHEVY RACER WILL TAKE ON A DIVERSE FIELD WITH LT1 V8 POWER, MEAN EXHAUST NOTE

Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/racing/c...#ixzz4YEFPTpIY
When the 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 came out last year, we sensed its inherent trackworthiness: The thing was designed to go fast, sure, but it was as much about roadholding and handling as it was a supercharged 3.5-second sprint to 60. It had potential. And then Josef Newgarden hopped into the driver's seat and showed Autoweek's own Mark Vaughn exactly what experienced hands could do with all that potential.

So it's not surprising that the newest Chevrolet race car, the upcoming Camaro GT4.R, uses the ZL1 as a starting point. Developed with Pratt & Miller Engineering to conform to global GT4 regulations, the sixth-gen Camaro racer diverges from the production car in a number of important ways. In place of the supercharged motor, the race version is equipped with a naturally aspirated 6.2-liter LT1 V8. It’s mated to a six-speed sequential transmission by Xtrac; Xtrac also provides a limited-slip differential.

Flexibility is key for a competition car, so the Camaro GT4.R is equipped with adjustable traction control, two-way adjustable Ohlins Racing coil-over dampers and adjustable ABS, which, all told, probably still make it less complicated to configure than a new M3.

Chevrolet Racing’s sole teaser image doesn’t reveal the interior, but expect a stripped-out cockpit packed with all the safety gear drivers crave. Aero bits, from a fresh front splitter and dive planes to a new rear wing, complete the package.

Globally, the GT4 formula, which is designed to accommodate both pro and amateur efforts, features a wildly diverse range of competing cars. In Europe, you’ll see everything from the Ginetta G55 to the KTM X-BOW GT4 to the McLaren 570S going head-to-head. Here in North America, we’ll watch the new Camaro square off against everything from Aston Martins to Mustangs in the Pirelli World Challenge and the Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge.

We expect to know more about this car soon. So far, we just have the one teaser photo, plus a short video of a Camaro GT4.R doing a flying pass. It doesn’t sound as wicked as a C7.R going full bore, but it’s a great soundtrack nonetheless:

pic.twitter.com/72m6rNu0GI

Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/racing/c...#ixzz4YEFEV6eO
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 09:54 PM   #2
StealYourFace
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M 6mt, E36 M3

Well thats cool. roush mustangs have been in that series for a while, will be neat to see the bow tie guys have a run at it.
      03-09-2017, 10:51 AM   #3
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
As I was staring at photos of the actual car (which has been released), I came across this Sportscar365 article mentioning that Stevenson is coming back to CTSC with a new Camaro GT4.R. The livery looks incredible! It's the typical Stevenson Screaming Eagle, but in black and red.

View post on imgur.com

Here are the press photos (not renders) of the non-liveried car:

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Actual fan reaction:

Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 12:21 PM   #4
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60

What kind of transmission is the GT4.R running?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 12:26 PM   #5
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebishman View Post
What kind of transmission is the GT4.R running?
Curtoisy of R&T:
Chevy's bringing the Camaro out to play with Ford, Porsche, McLaren, Mercedes-AMG, and BMW in GT4 racing this year. And the bowtie bruiser is ready to brawl. Meet the Camaro GT4.R, ready to rumble in the Pirelli World Challenge and the Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge this year.

The Camaro GT4.R is powered by a race-prepped version of the 6.2-liter LT1 V8 that powers the production Camaro SS, backed up by a sequential six-speed paddle-shift transmission and limited-slip differential, both provided by Xtrac. Engineered with input from Pratt & Miller, the team that's helped the Corvette rise to motorsports dominance, it's sure to be a serious competitor.

The Camaro GT4.R is powered by a race-prepped version of the 6.2-liter LT1 V8 that powers the production Camaro SS, backed up by a sequential six-speed paddle-shift transmission and limited-slip differential, both provided by Xtrac. Engineered with input from Pratt & Miller, the team that's helped the Corvette rise to motorsports dominance, it's sure to be a serious competitor.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/motorspo...aro-gt4r-imsa/
Appreciate 0