XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

07-09-2010, 08:12 AM   #1
TheObviousChild
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 Comp xDrive - '21 X3M40

Spotted in Charlotte, NC

So I had an interesting lunch break yesterday. After following behind an M6 for a while and wiping the drool off of my chin, I pulled up to a stoplight to make a right turn. It was then that I noticed a convoy of X's to my left. There were a couple of X5's and a couple of X3's, but in the middle there were 2 X1's with the cloaking decals all over the front and rear bumper/fenders as well as the hood and rear windows. Unfortunately, I could not snap a shot quick enough before the light turned green.

I was wondering what the hell they were doing road testing through Charlotte and nowhere near the dealership for that matter. I know they're built in Spartanburg, SC, but that's about an hour from here.

Dunno....but it was neat to see in person.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 08:00 AM   #2
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheObviousChild View Post
There were a couple of X5's and a couple of X3's, but in the middle there were 2 X1's with the cloaking decals all over the front and rear bumper/fenders as well as the hood and rear windows.
I was wondering what the hell they were doing road testing through Charlotte and nowhere near the dealership for that matter. I know they're built in Spartanburg, SC, but that's about an hour from here.
X5/X3 built in SC, X1 built in Germany.
Appreciate 0