XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

05-12-2013, 10:33 PM   #1
pbodifee
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 xDrive28i

Default settings for 2014 X1 without iDrive

Which default settings can only be set by BMW without an iDrive? This is for the xDrive28i (Canadian version).

I am particularly thinking about ASS (on/off), Eco Pro (on/off), automatic door locking.

I want to have them set to my taste during PDI (about to order my X1 next week from the Canadian inventory). Since I experienced with my current X3 it to be a costly exercise (the service dept will charge labour), I want to avoid this.

Any sources where I can look at the Canadian X1 without iDrive owner manual? I found one for US and with iDrive.

Last edited by pbodifee; 05-12-2013 at 11:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 11:47 PM   #2
edx1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive35i

Auto door locking should be possible without iDrive, in a couple weeks I can explain how but someone hopefully will beat me to it.

ASS as far as I know is only possibly via coding. I don't know if there is a straight answer yet if 2014's have 'last setting' or default to on or off.

I have yet to find a non iDrive manual and I've looked quite a bit. The best I can do is suggest you look up the manual I've posted on other threads that goes over the radio in the Z4 (and X1) as it explains some functions you can set via the BMW Professional Radio for 'On Board Computer' settings, but most settings you can set in iDrive can either be set via the radio or the control stalk on the steering wheel. iDrive is just a fancy display/shortcut for most things (and quite nice shortcuts)
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2013, 01:28 AM   #3
nospam
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 Alpina B6; 430i; X5 40e

Auto door locking can be set by the user, not coded by the factory.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 10:52 PM   #4
pbodifee
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 xDrive28i

The good news: my X1 will arrive at the dealer tomorrow, the not so good news: I can't have my car coded during PDI.

This is what the sales guy emailed me today when I request the list of items that can be coded:

"Checked with my service mgr and he said unlike the US, we cannot program anything in the vehicle other than what is allowed manually in the car, this is a BMW Canada decree."

Any one heard of such a level of service?

Keep in mind we pay $2395 for freight & PDI.
Appreciate 0