Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

01-26-2022, 04:14 PM   #1
X1driver21
Registered
Rep
Drives: E84 X1

Bmw collision left me in mud pls help!

Hello all this is my first post on a forum so bear with me. To start It was a hit and run and our vehicle was rear ended by a ram 1500 I was hit so hard from the rear my engine dented my intake pipe and created a coolant leak. After having to insist that they check under the hood to check for what I had asked they assured me that a rear end accident “wouldn’t cause that much damage” after a month and half later the car is “ready” upon my inspection of the vehicle after popping the hood MY OIL CAP WAS MISSING with oil all over the engine…. They finally found the coolant leak I was referring to shortly after that indecent as well.

2 months later the car is ready…..only for it to go into limp
Mode a week later(engine malfunction). The collision center says there was a “bunch of code for mileage based maintenance when they scanned it” not even 200 miles after getting it back now bmw wants me to pay for a inspection and tow….

So I decided to buy an obd reader and read the codes myself here (none are related to mileage based maintenance I also I’m sure to check in my on board vehicle computer maintenance screen and put oil every 5k miles)

Here are the codes
(Car was driving perfectly fine before accident)
2DE3
2DC5
2BC1
2BEB
321C
2A60
2C3E
4EB3
63F5
A0B3 (terminal 50)
6EDA DSC

Pls help I think it’s an ecm short/ failure

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 05:52 PM   #2
cwickberg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 35i MSport Ultimate,

Insist your insurance company get the car completely 100% fixed or total it out... hire a lawyer... do it now
Appreciate 0