Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

11-26-2011, 09:48 AM   #1
Canadian eh!
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 440xi Gran Coupe!!!!

Canada - 2nd recall....

Phoned the dealer and booked my appointment for the transmission reprogramming recall.....had a brief chat with them and was told that there is now also a second recall in place!! Seems it is for a vacuum fitting or hose or sensor having to do with the turbo charger.

Anyone else heard about this one?

I am not scheduled for the appointment until early December (too many winter tire changes it seems) so I would be interested to hear if anyone has had this update completed or who has more information.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 10:37 AM   #2
ohnoyuji
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper/ BMW X1 i28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian eh! View Post
Phoned the dealer and booked my appointment for the transmission reprogramming recall.....had a brief chat with them and was told that there is now also a second recall in place!! Seems it is for a vacuum fitting or hose or sensor having to do with the turbo charger.

I am not scheduled for the appointment until early December (too many winter tire changes it seems) so I would be interested to hear if anyone has had this update completed or who has more information.

Thanks!
Hey, i just took my car back yesterday.
They perform two task on my car.
1 - Bulletin: 11 82 11 0011840200 - this has to do with the driving behavior of the turbo pressure release.

2 - Bulletin: 24 80 11RC 0024490100 - this has to do with electronic transmission re-programming

After I've taken the car back my problem on the 2 to 1 at stop sign/ traffic light hop is gone. I used to have a sensation that during stopping, the car slightly push forward. THis would probably the fix with both item 1 and 2.

Here's the screenshot of the service receipt.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 11:17 AM   #3
tk-4
Rep
Drives: X1

thanks you both for bringing this up. i take delivery next week so guess i'll ask them to do the changes before my pick up to save me trips back to the dealership after.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 12:46 PM   #4
BeemerBoy48
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328xi Exec Edition Space grey

Quote:

Thanks!
Yep - my dealer told me about this yesterday - they already have my car in the shop so are doing this recall job today
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 03:15 PM   #5
Canadian eh!
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for the information guys!!

I appreciate seeing that printout as well, Very Helpfull!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 01:03 PM   #6
WiredRacing
Rep
Drives: 2012 X1 28i

Anyone having any problems after these recalls.

It was suggested in another thread a couple weeks back the transmission software recall may cause other issues and I haven't had a chance to setup an appt yet.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 02:03 PM   #7
DUH CAR
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

Gee, I haven't heard about that one. It adds a clamp.

I was in on Nov. 16 so it probably came afterwards. Thanks.

Have an app't next week.

Last edited by DUH CAR; 12-07-2011 at 03:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 04:25 PM   #8
tk-4
Rep

update: took delivery last week from parkview and service guy ran my vin# on their system and said there were no recalls whatsoever on my vechicle.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 05:52 AM   #9
DUH CAR
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk-4 View Post
update: took delivery last week from parkview and service guy ran my vin# on their system and said there were no recalls whatsoever on my vechicle.
That is quite possible. The SW one would have been done already and the clamp one could have been too. However, the squeaking brakes are not a TSB (recall/required fix) yet, so just monitor in case it happens to you. :-)
      12-09-2011, 08:49 AM   #10
HoTiCE_
Rep
Drives: 2012 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk-4 View Post
Same for me.

Car was a August production, got it late September and they ran the VIN and no recalls at all
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 09:15 AM   #11
wblack
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X1

2 Recalls on mine, one for Vacuum Line, One for reprogramming of control units. Also new style brake pads on order...they started squealing at about 6000 km when cold.

I find mine very noisy when cold, almost like a diesel sound, anybody else find this
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 05:14 PM   #12
Canadian eh!
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wblack View Post
2 Recalls on mine, one for Vacuum Line, One for reprogramming of control units. Also new style brake pads on order...they started squealing at about 6000 km when cold.

I find mine very noisy when cold, almost like a diesel sound, anybody else find this
mine goes in for the two recalls on Monday. Brakes have started squealing when cold as well!! So I am going to mention it and see what my guy (who is very good) says.

As to the dieselish sound......they all do that!! Seriously, it is a side effect of the direct injection. You get the same sound with other brands with the same technology, so this is not unique to BMW.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 09:58 PM   #13
nulizhang
Registered
Rep

Quote:
mine goes in for the two recalls on Monday. Brakes have started squealing when cold as well!! So I am going to mention it and see what my guy (who is very good) says.

As to the dieselish sound......they all do that!! Seriously, it is a side effect of the direct injection. You get the same sound with other brands with the same technology, so this is not unique to BMW.
=====================
I had my X1 2012 done for 2 recalls on Nov.23 in Mississauga ON.
i didn't know the 2nd recall until i drove my car to the dealer. It took almost the whole day. the info. dealer print out showing: BMW will not send you the letter for 2nd recall(Vaccum tube) but will let you get it done when you go to services or doing 1st recall. Same My "Brakes have started squealing when cold" special in the morning. Please every friend, can you check for me, what is max angel
your X1 back window wipe can turn. Mine is less than 180 degree.maybe 150 degrees (from rihjt 0 to the left 150) I found that after recall was done.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by nulizhang; 12-12-2011 at 10:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #14
pinchin
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X1

Hi Everyone:

Had my X1 in for the transmission recall a couple of weeks ago. I was home and the weather was good so I told the car out of storage. The advised me of the turbo recall at the same time. As we have no air care standards in Kelowna, I told the dealer that if the drive ability of the car was affected, I would be back to have the calibration reversed.

The car drove very badly when I left the dealer, but I only had one day of driving insurance left, so I continued on home. It seemed the car got progressively better the more I drove. I trust it will be back to normal when I pull it out of storage in the Spring.

Mark 2012 X1 Vermilion Red
Appreciate 0