Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

06-30-2014, 09:52 AM   #23
Xeins
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1 S20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Is it just me, or the two subwoofers under the front seats (with the HiFi option) are barely noticeable?
Yes they are!
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 06:09 PM   #24
Zayken
Private
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: IX1 30e / f40 118i

X1 has the worst HK in BMW.

The sound is of bad quality. My E92 , my E89 Z4 and my X6 had the premium system and it was miles away . I recently heard the Hk at the new M4 .Even better .

The problem here is that there are NO speakers at back doors but only at trank . You clearly feel that the sound is coming from the front part of the car and the general experience is bad . The system also is TOO bassy . i enjoy the music more inside my VW Golf 7 !

HI FI is the best VFM here. I wasted money choosing Hk option .
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 06:14 PM   #25
themishmosh
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xDrive35i

I just listened to my buddies 2012 X5. He says it's the base audio but it does have tweeters. It sounds better than the HK in my X1. To be honest, I don't hear any real low bass in my X1. I turn up the bass level and it adds some, but it jacks up the mid-bass to where the music suffers. In any case, am planning to add a powered subwoofer. I feel this is just what the HK audio needs.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 10:05 AM   #26
cwickberg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 35i MSport Ultimate,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayken View Post
X1 has the worst HK in BMW.

The sound is of bad quality. My E92 , my E89 Z4 and my X6 had the premium system and it was miles away . I recently heard the Hk at the new M4 .Even better .

The problem here is that there are NO speakers at back doors but only at trank . You clearly feel that the sound is coming from the front part of the car and the general experience is bad . The system also is TOO bassy . i enjoy the music more inside my VW Golf 7 !

HI FI is the best VFM here. I wasted money choosing Hk option .
I have to agree with you here... I've had HK in Mercedes and my 5 series BMW's they were very good. I test drove an X1 with HK and it did not sound too much better than the HiFi... While I admit perhaps tweaking the HK might have helped at bit. I found the cabin a bit smaller on the X1 and the HK cost vs price of car not worth the extra 2.5% of the price.

Glad i found my X1 with everything i wanted and did not have to get the HK
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2014, 10:30 PM   #27
Nova Rounder
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 X1 xdrive 28i M Sport

had HK 11 speaker surround sound package, and happy with it!! really depends on audio source and the type of music you listen too... I uploaded most of my favorite modern jazz mp3 to the internal hard drive and sounded amazing!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 03:41 PM   #28
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Since you feel the subs more than hear it, you really need power. Most likely, the subs in the X11 really are not sub-aural.

They are more like low frequency drivers.
Appreciate 0