Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

Closed Thread

03-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
Pele96
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i 6MT

Release date for X1 in USA

Hi everyone does anyone have when will BMW bring the X1 to the USA?

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #2
loukas135
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xDrive28i M Sport

I will bring "mine" in august in new jersey := ) ha ha ha !!!

Seriously, there is no plan for 2012. Maybe 2013 ( fall ) but that's a reach. Only BMW could tell. For now they don't want to cut into the X3 sales. So my guess is you guys won't be able to get it while the X3 sales are on a roll ... Sad but this is my guess.

Also, X3 is built in North Carolina and the X1 should be imported from Germany. I don't know if it's a factor but it could be one of the argument for waiting so long. U.S. are known for being patriotic ( not a bad thing ) but in this case, it surely don't help that the X1 will have to be imported.

Have a nice day !

Loukas135
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pele96 View Post
Hi everyone does anyone have when will BMW bring the X1 to the USA?

Thanks,
At the Geneva Motorshow we learned that the X1 (in LCI facelift form) for the US market will be debuted at next month's NY International Auto Show.

It should be on sale in the US in early Fall as a xDrive28i model (with 2.0L turbo 4-cylinder N20 engine).

The X1's introduction to the US market may be laying the path for a rumored X1 M35i, which would be the first M Performance Automobile for the North American market.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #4
Monterra
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 X1 msport sdrive28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
The X1 (in LCI facelift form) for the US market will be debuted at next months NY International Auto Show. It should be on sale in the US by the end of the year.
That's great, I'll get to see it in person soon, may I ask your source? Find it odd we're less than a month away from the show and I've seen nothing published to corroborate that. Why the tight lips BMW?

Off topic rant: building the new 3 online is a serious gut punch. They've taken all the uniqueness out of the experience AND raised the price. Oh you can have xenons on your 328 but I hope you want the 3600 premium bs package to go with that. Charge 900 for lights and have the balls to work in a high margin low content (for the money) premium pack? Shameful. Oh and I hope you didn't want brown leather on your sport line cause it looks like it ain't happening. Just so disappointing, really.
2009 Montego/terra 128i 6MT (ouch)...great car
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 06:35 AM   #5
Ky1M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Z3-M///Coupe ,AW1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
The X1 (in LCI facelift form) for the US market will be debuted at next months NY International Auto Show. It should be on sale in the US by the end of the year.
That's great, I'll get to see it in person soon, may I ask your source? Find it odd we're less than a month away from the show and I've seen nothing published to corroborate that. Why the tight lips BMW?

Off topic rant: building the new 3 online is a serious gut punch. They've taken all the uniqueness out of the experience AND raised the price. Oh you can have xenons on your 328 but I hope you want the 3600 premium bs package to go with that. Charge 900 for lights and have the balls to work in a high margin low content (for the money) premium pack? Shameful. Oh and I hope you didn't want brown leather on your sport line cause it looks like it ain't happening. Just so disappointing, really.
Plus 1 on the rant , that's the way they did us on the 1M also :
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 08:05 AM   #6
Monterra
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 X1 msport sdrive28

The 1M I can excuse to an extent as a specialty sports car (not as much the fact that there were so few of them for 1 stinkin model year.)
2009 Montego/terra 128i 6MT (ouch)...great car
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread