XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-29-2015, 08:01 PM   #1
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 amg

Cecil the lion

Anyone seen the story of that douchebag big game hunter from MN? Not sure why I'm so angry about it but I hope this jagoff pays a heavy price. Who gets off killing for sport and why is it legal anywhere?

2008 dct coupe, evolve engine/dct tune, ttp, ms intake, megan exhaust, cf ds. Sold.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 08:40 PM   #2
E92inNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I read about this yesterday. I'm not completely sure but I believe he and his hired tracker lured Cecil out of the protected preserve to kill him.

Apparently, this isn't the first time he's been in trouble over "sport" hunting. Currently his dental office has shut down. I'm with you, hopes he pays dearly. Like waking up in the middle of that reservation one day with just a bottle of water and a message that says, "Lets see how you like it."
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 08:43 PM   #3
/// M sa
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 MG

F the dentis, any mother effer that thinks what he did is hunting then they deserve the same fate. That mother effer will get what's coming to him, his business is already shut down and he will be running for his life forever. Wtf does anyone get from killing soon to be extinct animals? Compensating for his little dick. F him and his family and his friends that all support such stupid act. You should hunt for food or keeping animal population in check, what he did is just cowardly murder of an iconic animal. Humans are the disease on this planet, frankly the more I see how we behave towards one another and Mother Nature makes me sick.

I was at a company party and had a chance to speak with a scholar (not mentioning names) and what he said stood out "we will be the end of this beautiful planet, but don't tell that to the wise".
Appreciate 2
      07-29-2015, 08:48 PM   #4
/// M sa
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxyblue View Post
I read about this yesterday. I'm not completely sure but I believe he and his hired tracker lured Cecil out of the protected preserve to kill him.

Apparently, this isn't the first time he's been in trouble over "sport" hunting. Currently his dental office has shut down. I'm with you, hopes he pays dearly. Like waking up in the middle of that reservation one day with just a bottle of water and a message that says, "Lets see how you like it."
What is there not to believe?? He is fucking d bag that needs to be left alone on the dark with his bow and arrow by him self in the middle of the safari with live feed. I will be watching eating pop corn and waiting to see him get eaten alive... You know how the poor lion had to limp around for 40 hours in pain and then shot to death and skinned and his head cut off.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 08:54 PM   #5
kwality
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 aw m

i call BS. i know nothing about game hunting but i question how legit hunting in the dead of night is...??
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 09:02 PM   #6
FL335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

It's really the guides' who are in the shit. They lured the lion out of the park and had the dentist shoot him. The dentist was/is some dispirit who paid these guys 55k to "hunt" the lion. For Pete's sake, the lion had a collar on him....protected, etc...

I DK how someone could "hunt" some beautiful cat like that but th guides should suffer the wrath. I don't think the dispirit dentist knew to the extent of what was happening. The guy is screwed for a while, regardless.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 09:18 PM   #7
/// M sa
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL335 View Post
It's really the guides' who are in the shit. They lured the lion out of the park and had the dentist shoot him. The dentist was/is some dispirit who paid these guys 55k to "hunt" the lion. For Pete's sake, the lion had a collar on him....protected, etc...

I DK how someone could "hunt" some beautiful cat like that but th guides should suffer the wrath. I don't think the dispirit dentist knew to the extent of what was happening. The guy is screwed for a while, regardless.
He is screwed for life and good... Don't give me that bs that mother effer has been killing rare animals forever and has a record of lying etc about the kills. Any hunter that needs to tie a dead animal behind a truck and get a kill (he miss and wounded the lion) is a waste of life and should be hunted the same way. Effing ignorance is a bliss, read the facts before posting!!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 09:43 PM   #8
FL335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by /// M sa View Post
He is screwed for life and good... Don't give me that bs that mother effer has been killing rare animals forever and has a record of lying etc about the kills. Any hunter that needs to tie a dead animal behind a truck and get a kill (he miss and wounded the lion) is a waste of life and should be hunted the same way. Effing ignorance is a bliss, read the facts before posting!!
First off...relax. Deep breaths. Second....don't tell me what to do. I read what I read...I didn't analyze the dynamics and angles as well as review the Hunter's background. I have better shit to do.

That sucks that the cat is dead...I don't agree with this hunting. it's criminal...the reality is there is no way some joker can come into a 3rd world country and kill a rare species without local help. The guides are a lot to blame.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 10:08 PM   #9
/// M sa
Major
Rep

I am relaxed lol he paid 55k for the hunt... But it's not a hunt when you put a dead animal behind a truck and drive around to get a lion out of his protected territory and then murder it. The system is filled with ignorant people that don't know the first rule of hunting. who took the shot? The guides? For you to even believe that shows you don't know your head from
Your ass (no offense). It's a disregard for life of any being In a cruel manner. This story won't be the first or last, the facts are as long as d bags like him exist our planet will suffer till we all are gone.

Read your post again lmao... Read about the pencil dick dentist and see his previous offenses.. then blame the guides again 😜
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 10:37 PM   #10
FL335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I am relaxed lol he paid 55k for the hunt... But it's not a hunt when you put a dead animal behind a truck and drive around to get a lion out of his protected territory and then murder it. The system is filled with ignorant people that don't know the first rule of hunting. who took the shot? The guides? For you to even believe that shows you don't know your head from
Your ass (no offense). It's a disregard for life of any being In a cruel manner. This story won't be the first or last, the facts are as long as d bags like him exist our planet will suffer till we all are gone.

Read your post again lmao... Read about the pencil dick dentist and see his previous offenses.. then blame the guides again 😜
Oh you sound relaxed...like you're on a beach and drinking a beer.

Jeez...I hate fkn freeloading, asshole, welfareites who suck off the system, have kids by multiple guys and are the downfall of this country but I can't control that. Sooooo.... I relax. Get my point?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 10:53 PM   #11
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

this guy is just getting obliterated on his business' yelp page.

This pretty much ensures he'll have to shut shop and move away for a while.
      07-29-2015, 10:56 PM   #12
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3 4.1, Golf R (daily)

Yea, his online reputation/presence as a business owner is...well, I think his business is done for the short term in that area. I read somewhere he's been referring his patients to other dental offices.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 11:40 PM   #13
Gesler
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Yes the guides are guilty no question but what has that got to do with this retarded scumbag's actions? How the hell does one want to kill one of earth's most magnificent and soon to be extinct creations? That he did everything correctly and legally as far as he knew is a mind boggling excuse. There is nothing correct and should be nothing legal about it. The money in getting the permits to kill these rare species is supposed to help pay for their preservation but how does that make sense? This lion's offspring are going to be killed by competing males now and 50k will bit matter not a whit.

Justice is being served however and it's well deserved. Wonder how this famous manly man would feel if he were to be wounded and hunted down over two days for someone's trophy collection.
Appreciate 1
      07-30-2015, 01:21 AM   #14
USAM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

People like him are probably closet killers and this is their way of getting high. They'll chalk it up to helping control the animal population but deep down it's something they get a high from. Imagine how high they'd get if they could kill another human being.
Appreciate 1
      07-30-2015, 03:08 AM   #15
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
F the dentis, any mother effer that thinks what he did is hunting then they deserve the same fate. That mother effer will get what's coming to him, his business is already shut down and he will be running for his life forever. Wtf does anyone get from killing soon to be extinct animals? Compensating for his little dick. F him and his family and his friends that all support such stupid act. You should hunt for food or keeping animal population in check, what he did is just cowardly murder of an iconic animal. Humans are the disease on this planet, frankly the more I see how we behave towards one another and Mother Nature makes me sick.

I was at a company party and had a chance to speak with a scholar (not mentioning names) and what he said stood out "we will be the end of this beautiful planet, but don't tell that to the wise".
LOL..... I always laugh at smug academics who say something like that and pretend it hasn't been said a thousand times before. How profound!!!!

I love lions but you are an emotional wreck and should take a few days off from the Internet.
Appreciate 1
      07-30-2015, 03:40 AM   #16
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

If it was a warthog, there would be no fuss. Most of us enjoy steaks and chops and grills. Those animals live a miserable life and receive a bolt through their head to satisfy our hunger. I have made a choice to be okay with that, as have most of you.

1. If this guy did this legally, and was not aware that he was luring a lion outside of protected area, then this wrath and scorn, by seemingly all, is nothing more than a witch hunt.

2. If he participated in luring the animal outside or was approving of it, then, yeah, prosecute.

The fact is that we do not know if #1 or #2 is correct.

The fact that hunting for sport is immoral to many (myself included) is immaterial.
Appreciate 4
      07-30-2015, 05:47 AM   #17
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Yes, I read about it. Damn, cryin' shame!

+1 re: whatever folks are saying negative re: the guy and the circumstances that allowed that to happen.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2015, 07:05 AM   #18
/// M sa
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Schaeffer BMW View Post
LOL..... I always laugh at smug academics who say something like that and pretend it hasn't been said a thousand times before. How profound!!!!

I love lions but you are an emotional wreck and should take a few days off from the Internet.
Nope, wrong not an emotional wreck at all. I see things as they are and I am tired of lack of sense, compassion for life being animals or humans. Cops are on a killing frenzy around the country, many poaching like this happen and most go un reported. You enjoy living in your bubble and sing effing Kumbaya. Now I have a tee time stop effing up my time responding to your post
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2015, 07:05 AM   #19
CANGRKE70
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
If it was a warthog, there would be no fuss. Most of us enjoy steaks and chops and grills. Those animals live a miserable life and receive a bolt through their head to satisfy our hunger. I have made a choice to be okay with that, as have most of you.

1. If this guy did this legally, and was not aware that he was luring a lion outside of protected area, then this wrath and scorn, by seemingly all, is nothing more than a witch hunt.

2. If he participated in luring the animal outside or was approving of it, then, yeah, prosecute.

The fact that hunting for sport is immoral to many (myself included) is immaterial.
I agree with all of this...first legit thing said in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2015, 07:08 AM   #20
/// M sa
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL335 View Post
Oh you sound relaxed...like you're on a beach and drinking a beer.

Jeez...I hate fkn freeloading, asshole, welfareites who suck off the system, have kids by multiple guys and are the downfall of this country but I can't control that. Sooooo.... I relax. Get my point?
Sorry had a nice bottle of 2006 chalk hill cab while I was posting.. It was a heck of a day with the firm and closing on deals. I do have a soft spot for animals as they do what nature has thought them and humans... Well we fuck everything up and nature sure didn't teach us that😜 it's just our nature to destroy. You too are fucking up my tee time lol see you guys later.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2015, 09:09 AM   #21
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANGRKE70 View Post
I agree with all of this...first legit thing said in this thread.
Once again - press led world, leading to mob mentality. You cannot find any news outlet that is not concerned about click count as their litmus test for success.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2015, 09:29 AM   #22
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post

What the fuck is this shit? A logical, rational post??? But I have my pitchfork all primed and ready!

I'd take a guess and say that 99% of people in an "uproar" over the "witch hunt over social media target of the week" won't bother giving a penny to any wildlife conservation funds who are working to protect these lions.

I did see the "guides" who took this clown out on his "hunt" are being prosecuted which is promising news. They should drop the hammer on these assholes who are hosting these "hunts" if these animals have any hope of living on.

Last edited by fecurtis; 07-30-2015 at 09:35 AM..
Appreciate 3