Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

02-11-2016, 05:27 PM   #1
italy3541
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo 4C

Garage List
NAV Issues

So I have a 2015 X1. It went in for service for a air bag issue about 6 months ago. Since I got the car back the NAV screen intermittently does not stay up after you turn the car off then back on. Sometimes I can go almost a week and it will work fine. Then usually while running short errands usually frequent stops taking 10-15 min in between it will not come up. Ill turn the car off with the nav screen map up and ill shut off the car run my errand turn the car back on and it will be on the menu screen. Again it will do this a few times then go back to normal. Sometimes it will do it 10 times in a row then out of the blue it will work properly for the next few days.

I have had it in for this problem several times and now I am being told this is normal operation. How can it be normal operation when it never did this before the air bag module replacement. And now that it is doing it if it is normal then why does it only do it sometimes?

My question is, Does anyone else have this issue? Sometimes the nav stays up and sometimes it comes up in the menu screen. Any advice would be great.

BMW is saying this is normal so if it is normal then there should be more than just me with this problem. So please speak up if you have this same issue..

My Z4 didn't have this issue, and none of the loaner cars that I have for weeks at a time. Also spoke to my friends with BMW's and they don't have this issue. So I figured I would check here next since I can ask people that have a X1 if they have this same issue.
Appreciate 0