XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

07-15-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
Stalemate
Rep
Drives: X3 + X1

Thumbs up Wow...what a car!

Yes, i just received my black X1 23d a few days ago (also waited about 3 months)....and if anyone here is still wondering whether to get one....let me leave no doubt in your mind...go for it!

The last purchase we made was for the X3, about 3 years ago, and although I still think it's a good car, the X1 is actually an exciting car to drive overall. The Turbo diesel on the 23d is especially nice, and it kicks in immediately whenever you need it. I will have a speeding ticket before the end of this month, I promise you!

Some pleasant surprises: (i am sure some of these have been available on some other recent models, but they are new to me)

- The engine for sure.
- A nicely polished/updated radio and control system. More features, and functions to do with music, settings, etc.. Even a USB plugin for mp3s...(although i have yet to try that), and I am still awaiting my iphone cradle to try also.
- Being able to control the volume on the parking distance beeps...awesome! The loud beep on the x3 is just plain annoying.
- Much softer left and right turning signal sounds...finally...also feels a bit louder on the X3. In addition to that, i absolutely love the option to single click the left/right signals (which signals 3 times and turns off again)
- cruise control - i know you don't often use this feature, but the x1 setup is awesome, and now you can finally see the setting straight on the dashboard. Plus, you can put it up and down in increments of "1km" or "10kms", which is perfect when traveling on long distance roads and going through towns. The engine speeds up/slows down smoothly when changing the setting. Just great!
- Run flat tyres...my first time. I don't mind it at all.
- Love the extra storage rooms on the doors, and being able to put a water bottle in there (passenger side as well).
- Some decent light behind the car when you unlock the doors. (basically, shining down on the plates and the boot so you can see). It's good when you are in a dark spot at night.

that's it really. enjoying this car for sure!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 06:37 AM   #2
Stilling
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xdrive 2,0D

I´m very positive as well about the X1, I got mine with the 2,0D, witch is okay for the car but yours 2,3D is a highly advanced construction really one remarkable engine.

I still don’t share the okay feeling about runflat, I don’t think thay are good enough yet, to hard and alittle like R tires (Track tires) only with half the grip, so the slip comes very sudden when you goes fast in corners, witch the X1 does very well for a SAV and that I like very mutch about it.

My main interest is sportscars so I really like that its so sporty for every day driving. so if you thingking about X1 - stop thinking, get one now :-)
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 07:53 PM   #3
niknik
Private First Class
Portugal
Rep
Drives: X1 23d

Am I the only one that thinks that, with 18" runflat tires + sports suspension, the car is still too "soft"?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 05:58 PM   #4
HORACE
England
Rep
Drives: X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Am I the only one that thinks that, with 18" runflat tires + sports suspension, the car is still too "soft"?
Probably not, but I hope so. I thought it felt like riding in a brick lorry. But the standard set up with standard tyres was fine. And the larger wheels made noticeably more tyre noise.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 01:24 AM   #5
boxx
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1

Hey stalemate, can I clarify, is the radio a digital radio, do you know?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 12:30 AM   #6
cumulus
Rep
Drives: X1 23d

About the engine, it is engine of the year in the 1.8 - 2.0 liter class:

http://www.ukipme.com/engineoftheyea...s_10/18_2.html
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 08:02 AM   #7
Stalemate
Rep
Drives: X3 + X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxx View Post
Hey stalemate, can I clarify, is the radio a digital radio, do you know?
Boxx, no, i dont believe it is. Feels like standard analogue to me.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 08:25 AM   #8
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalemate View Post
Boxx, no, i dont believe it is. Feels like standard analogue to me.
Digital Audio (DAB) is an additional option here in the UK.
Appreciate 0