XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

06-30-2023, 09:11 PM   #1
JPriami
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1 28i

2014 E84 s28i shocks or struts OEM?

So I bought my X1 used a while back. It has about 105k miles on it. I am thinking ill need to replace my shocks or struts soon. Whats on it from the factory shocks or struts?

Ill be honest I havent looked it up to find out. So I thought Id ask here, then try to look it up. Mainly because I have some other questions. Since I was going to have them replaced I thought Id go ahead & get the H&R spring kit for it. Just get all that stuff replaced at once. Then get the alignment.

If I get the H&R spring kit are there any recommendations on what brand shocks/struts to be looking for to order with it?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2023, 11:03 AM   #2
JPriami
Rep

Nevermind..I looked it up to see what was factory OEM for the sport package. I'll get the stuff. Just thought car guys are usually helpful & like to help when they are passionate about cars. Ever since I got this BMW I've noticed the crowd online & even Facebook is just strange about being helpful.

For years I've had F-Bodys & Corvettes. Those groups are very helpful & passionate about their cars. They like talking about them & helping. Heck I've even had pretty good results with Porsche & Alfa Romeo groups too.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2023, 12:46 PM   #3
wheela
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X1 35i M-sport

Thanks for sharing your plans with the community, I hope you stick around! I've been focused on power mods for n55 and haven't gotten into suspension yet, so I don't have much knowledge to offer with springs.

There's a thread on here about mileage on e84's - check it out, a guy towards the end (last page or two) has a great looking lowered 28i and he shared his set-up. I'll link to it here when I get a chance.

Edit: check out kriston's posts in the last two pages of this thread:
https://e84.xbimmers.com/forums/show...230388&page=14

I think we like to be a helpful bunch, but the e84 community is very small, and the group of us who are enthusiasts are even smaller, and those modifying for performance is smaller yet. Take into account peoples' busy lives and it can take some for answers to come in. Please bear with us!!!

On the plus side, there isn't much flaming here. Back in my 3g eclipse days people got flamed left and right.

Last edited by wheela; 07-03-2023 at 12:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2023, 01:26 PM   #4
JPriami
Rep

That's cool, thanks for the link. Don't take it personally though. It's just I've asked questions here before & often no response is given. It gets frustrating to feel like you're wasting your time asking questions is all.

Over the years I've seen things change a bunch too. Long before MySpace & Facebook. Online forums like this used to be the best places to be for sharing your car passion & questions. Then later on Facebook & groups seemed to be more popular & massive. Then allow even more time to pass you would see people ls attitudes & helpfulness change as well. People are more apt to make a reply to a post that's not helpful. Just for the sake of making them feel better about themselves vs helping others etc.

I'm now debating just selling the X1 & my Trans Am. Then getting something a little newer & lower miles. I have been looking at 335i cars. But I'm not entirely sure they are going to be reliable. Plus the used car markets now are just ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2023, 12:02 AM   #5
0w40X1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1 s28i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPriami View Post
So I bought my X1 used a while back. It has about 105k miles on it. I am thinking ill need to replace my shocks or struts soon. Whats on it from the factory shocks or struts?

Ill be honest I havent looked it up to find out. So I thought Id ask here, then try to look it up. Mainly because I have some other questions. Since I was going to have them replaced I thought Id go ahead & get the H&R spring kit for it. Just get all that stuff replaced at once. Then get the alignment.

If I get the H&R spring kit are there any recommendations on what brand shocks/struts to be looking for to order with it?
I have a 14 X1 s28i M sport and it's very firm, but if I noticed I's need some shocks , I'd try the B12 Bilstein kit. I have it on a Mazda RX8 and it's very firm, but works good enough I took tiny rear bar off. Now it can go over bumps much fast even though firm.
Appreciate 0