05-11-2015, 01:18 PM   #1
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

SuperSprint exhaust for 2.8i

Good morning,

I have a question for the guys that tuned their vehicles or worked on them more than average Joe (me).

I would like to replace my exhaust with a different one, since mine it looks from the rear like it has hernia or something.

I found that Supersprint offers two exhaust for the 2.8i:
-One is s ingle with dual tips like the OEM
-The other one is a quad tip that looks awesome but it needs some work, including removing the carbon filter for the fuel tank.(?)

http://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/bmw...o80-v1.aspx#!/

Does anybody knows where this is located (I know somewhere on the rear passenger side but don't see it yet). and if it can be relocated? If yes, it is hard? What kind of work will require?
I have also seen that under the rear passenger side the bumper is connected with another big plastic cover that I would like to keep. Will the pipe for the right side fit above this plastic piece, so the under of the car will stay the same?

Thank you guys!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 07:56 PM   #2
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91

Garage List
No, you will lose the plastic part. There's pics of someone who installed the SS quad on a car from Poland. The pics are around here somewhere.

The quad exit may give an odd sound due to the imbalance of pipes after the muffler. The stock looking piece would probably sound better and would look more like it's supposed to be there.
2002 Land Rover Discovery II - 3" lift & 33s
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 08:27 PM   #3
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

I was thinking the same thing, to order the single one just to replace the original. I don't know about the sound, but I am concerned with moving parts around and other compromises that I might end up with.

Now, I am still concerned that I might end up with a similar hernia look. it seems though that this one is smaller and that it will not hang out like the OEM one...

Any inputs in regards with Supersprint quality?
Appreciate 0