XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

07-28-2017, 08:28 PM   #1
Beamer1980
Rep
Drives: X1 xdrive28i

Red car on a lift warning light

I recently got a warning light on my X1 (2015 28i), the red car on a lift light. I've been doing some research and finding some conflicting recommendations based on other BMW models. Some say this is major and should be taken to BMW immediately, others say it just signifies a vehicle check recommendation or brake pad wear. I only get the light when I put the key fob in the ignition. Once I start the car it goes away and it's only happened 2-3 times over the last week. I checked the system recommended service on the onboard computer and it still shows 3500 km until I need to take it in for that service light. The rear pads are still showing 10,000 km remaining and the front pads are showing 19,000 km. I currently have 44,500 km on the vehicle.

I just wanted to get some feedback from some E84 drivers to see if anyone has had similar issues.

Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2017, 09:27 PM   #2
cheychey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X1

I wouldn't worry about it. It means something is due for servicing. If its red its overdue. It happened to me when my brake fluid servicing was due. Start the car on it would be there fews secs and would go away. I ignored it for a 2 weeks or so because I wanted to do other work all together which was due later on. Just go through the service menu see if anything is due in terms of dates or kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer1980 View Post
I recently got a warning light on my X1 (2015 28i), the red car on a lift light. I've been doing some research and finding some conflicting recommendations based on other BMW models. Some say this is major and should be taken to BMW immediately, others say it just signifies a vehicle check recommendation or brake pad wear. I only get the light when I put the key fob in the ignition. Once I start the car it goes away and it's only happened 2-3 times over the last week. I checked the system recommended service on the onboard computer and it still shows 3500 km until I need to take it in for that service light. The rear pads are still showing 10,000 km remaining and the front pads are showing 19,000 km. I currently have 44,500 km on the vehicle.

I just wanted to get some feedback from some E84 drivers to see if anyone has had similar issues.

Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2017, 10:02 AM   #3
Beamer1980
Rep
Drives: X1 xdrive28i

Excellent. I'll wait a few weeks then.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2017, 02:52 PM   #4
d1saster
Captain
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: F15 N55 & E93 N51

It's the two years vehicle check. If you have free maintenance from the dealer take it in. They will change whatever is nessesary. Probably cabin filter
Appreciate 0