Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

06-05-2022, 08:31 AM   #1
Nas9013
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2.3D E84

Engine Light On - EGR CODES 4B82 AND 40E9

Hi Everyone,

I've got BMW X1 E84 2010 XDRIVE with 90k on it.

So my engine light came on yesterday randomly, I took it to the garage today and they said it came up with these two codes 4B82 and 40E9 which are to do with EGR.

About 3-4 months ago I had engine light come up and they said it was to do with EGR as well but they cleared the code and it was fine up until yesterday.

It's not going into limp mode or anything but as you drive and accelerate car jerks, feels like it's not getting constant fuel.. revs do go up at slow acceleration but it jumps not a one constant increase.. I dont know if that could be related to the EGR that.

With those codes would I be able to clean the EGR valve if there is any black stuff cloging it maybe? Or would it need replacing? Also is there any way to check or see without actually removing the EGR?

As I'm not that good with cars lol and rather not mess with it..

Appreciate any help 🙏
Thanks
Nas
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2022, 01:30 AM   #2
Nas9013
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2.3D E84

Anyone else had these errors and maybe have a solution, I had the dpf clean done.. my egr valve got replaced last September so they don't think its that.

They are saying my egr cooling tank might be clogged up and that's what's causing the engine light to come up and needs replacing, they cleaned it as much as they could withou taking it off and the engine light came back on 4 days later, in order to replace it it be around £600, just ridiculous as they not 100% it's even that, I've already paid £500 to have it sorted and nothings changed.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2022, 02:28 PM   #3
eacan
Registered
Rep
Drives: 318d

Hello Nas,

Did you resolve this? Have the same anoying issue…

Cheers,
Eacan
Appreciate 0