Rep
Drives: BMW X1 23d Xdrive 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerX1 View Post
Found 2 extra pics of mods.
Angel Eye's: 1 side done, 1 side still to do
Motortuning output: power/torque curve and output numbers
Numbers look good

Lights look really good, how are they preforming? Better or worse then the original yellow ones?

You have any daytime pics of the lights, both with xenons on and off?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 09:35 AM   #24
BeemerX1
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW

Will take some more pictures when I’m feeling better, perhaps wait till Saturday a go for a carwash 1st.
The only color here that doesn’t look dirty quickly is ‘leasing’ grey, had a F20 116d as a company car before and that one was light grey, didn’t needed to clean that car for 4-6weeks and still looked good (and boring).

About the Angel Eye’s and fog light. Hard to see the effect on pictures. I asked for the brightest one’s and they’re brighter then the stock one’s, for sure during day time you notice the Angel Eye’s now, they don’t give much light to see anything driving a night, neither do the stock one’s, as you know it is more for show in the dark but safer during day light. I use them as day light. (When I’m driving another car it is like “Where the hell are the light” “Oh yeah, I need to use the clutch”.)
The fog lights we don’t use much around here but when you do need them they’re doing just find, however even they’re brighter, you should know yellow is better light spectrum to see things then white. Blue lights is illegal here so my choice was very easy.
Had some luck finding a good company/person with the right stuff. The Angel Eye’s is just 1 bulb a side plug and play but the fog light do need some recoding to work correctly and remove a error output code because 1st they where flickering like a pace car would do. Was a little bit skeptic first (on all thing, even when the dealer works on my car) but the service and guaranty is great, better work then the actual BMW dealers.

One downside for you guy’s, it is in Belgium, otherwise I would defiantly recommend “Bimmer ID” to u all. A downside, only BMW lights/recoding.
It is in Dutch but pictures don’t need a language: http://www.bimmerboard.be/forum/index.php?board=220.0

But same goes for me, it sucks to find BMW replicas rims around here and looking at US they’re some very fine combinations out there.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2014, 10:21 AM   #25
BeemerX1
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Made a few picture of the lights after a car wash.
Hard to capture it however, photos are made with my iPhone.
No light are broken but when you see the pictures you would think that.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2014, 03:48 PM   #26
kaptenkirk
Sweden
Rep

Thanks for the pictures, weather looks nice. The lightproblem is only due to camera angels
The lights look good, really good. The color is nice to, not to blue it anything. I don't care that much about the foglights, almost never use them. Except at every turn But the angel eyes is really interesting. But it has to be a simpel procedur, otherwise I'm to lasy right now to care to make the switch
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 10:24 AM   #27
BeemerX1
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Well, good news then.
The AE's is very simple. Take out 2 bulbs, 1 each side (1 bulb for 2 rings yeah, 1 ring shares with the other) and replace them with the new one's.
Fog lights are tricky to get behind and after replacement you need recoding but since you don't mind about them fog light you don't have the problem if you decide to keep them stock (yellow).

Price was 150 euro for the AE's, you have cheaper one's but then the intensity isn't that strong.

If interested then PM me and I will get back with the mail address of the guy (company) that sells them.

He just have send me a list with all recoding possibility's for the all E models.
(not everything works for the X1 and stuff depends on options and modules as well) So I will have a look if I could use more recoding goodies. (auto closing/open of windows and sunroofs sound nice, I don't have comfort access)
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 02:43 PM   #28
kaptenkirk
Sweden
Rep

ok cool,thanks. I´ll let you know
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2014, 02:22 AM   #29
kaptenkirk
Sweden
Rep

Ok, here´s some new pics with the summer setup, better late then never
The car will get a detail when i start my vacation next week. Otherwise everything works fine and it´s a pleasure driving.

Appreciate 0