XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

12-12-2011, 03:09 AM   #1
Nakrob
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive 18i

Parked Ventilation

Another feature I wasn't aware of before tonight is the 'parked ventilation' system which is accessible through the stereo interface.

The manual description is not too informative but I believe this allows the air in the car to be ventilated prior to you getting back in the car if you set it up on departure. Either heated or cooled.

This sounds good in principal but looks like a pain in the arse to set up each time you want to use it and knowing when you'll be back in your car. Has anyone in Aus used this successfully or is this just a gimic that doesn't really add much value (hence it nor being explained to me during the sales process).
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 03:55 PM   #2
fdpxfunix
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive 30d M Sport

I think the aux heating system is an optional extra... at least in the UK it is. I had a fiddle with aux ventilation system and gave up. Couldn't get the on/off times to work and like you felt it a pain in the arsenal to set up.

However... if anyone has got it working, let us know how.

J.
Appreciate 0