Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

12-18-2023, 11:31 AM   #1
SharpAndCunning
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 35i

E84 Alignment Specs

Hey Everyone, looking for input specifically for the E84 and 35i crowd.

What are the alignment specs y'all are getting your cars aligned too? I had my alignment done at a reputable indy shop 15k miles ago and the tires on my car are already worn, and very unevenly.

I had previously made a thread about tires, because I thought the Vercelli Strada II tires were just junk because they don't balance well. They balance great on the machine but they shake at speeds above 40. But the inside edge of the two rear tires is now worn almost to the bands.

I have an appointment for tires and I'm unsure if I should have them align it, or if I should go somewhere else. I have a copy of the "incomming" alignment from when I had it down 2 years back, I'll post it, but I don't have the spec of how it left.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2023, 01:47 PM   #2
wheela
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X1 35i M-sport

Hey, I literally just picked my e84 35i m-sport up from getting new tires and an alignment (and transfer case fluid, front diff fluid, and new battery - expensive day...).

I have the alignment spec sheets in my car, I'll take a picture later and post it up for you.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2023, 03:28 PM   #3
Allworth
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive20d (E84)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpAndCunning View Post
Hey Everyone, looking for input specifically for the E84 and 35i crowd.

What are the alignment specs y'all are getting your cars aligned too? I had my alignment done at a reputable indy shop 15k miles ago and the tires on my car are already worn, and very unevenly.

I had previously made a thread about tires, because I thought the Vercelli Strada II tires were just junk because they don't balance well. They balance great on the machine but they shake at speeds above 40. But the inside edge of the two rear tires is now worn almost to the bands.

I have an appointment for tires and I'm unsure if I should have them align it, or if I should go somewhere else. I have a copy of the "incomming" alignment from when I had it down 2 years back, I'll post it, but I don't have the spec of how it left.
Point for balancing wheels is to get rid of symptoms you are describing.
If the difference between thread is more than 1mm I would suspect something is wrong with how its been balanced.
Reputable shop should know the specs for balancing.
Below is an image (top left and bottom right) of how mine been done recently, can not comment on how even tire thread is being worn yet. I am somewhere OK with how it is.
Attached Images

12-19-2023, 04:50 PM   #4
wheela
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X1 35i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheela View Post
Hey, I literally just picked my e84 35i m-sport up from getting new tires and an alignment (and transfer case fluid, front diff fluid, and new battery - expensive day...).

I have the alignment spec sheets in my car, I'll take a picture later and post it up for you.
Here's my alignment sheet with brand new tires.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0