XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

11-14-2013, 01:04 AM   #1
superfans
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Car

Question re Halogen headlights

Saw the spec of a BMW X1 with Halogen headlights with rain senor (including luminous rings). Are those so-called luminos rings the same as those used for the bi-xenon headlight? If not, grateful if members can show some pics of the "luminous rings" of the Halogen headlights? Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 01:08 AM   #2
Eric5273
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1

I just ordered my car, and while I opted not to get many options, I did decide to get the lighting package after just about everyone on this forum said it's a must have option. Apparently the rings only come with the HIDs/Lighting Package. The regular halogens do not have them. Perhaps someone else can confirm this for me, but I'm 99% sure.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 06:01 AM   #3
donsbabybeamer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 x1

Yes, they only come with the HID's and are referred to as Angel Eyes. Besides they way the HID's illuminate the road when you get the lighting package the headlights turn left or right with the direction the steering wheel is being turned. AS stated I would call this a "must have"
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 10:42 PM   #4
NorthIsUp
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 xDrive28i

Here's what it looks like with regular halogens. I was in a position where I had to buy one off the lot and it didn't have angel eyes. I miss it, but I'm a grown man and can deal with it somewhat. It looks like poo compared to angel eyes, but I figure that it's still a BMW!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #5
bill1963
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 bmw x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthIsUp View Post
Here's what it looks like with regular halogens. I was in a position where I had to buy one off the lot and it didn't have angel eyes. I miss it, but I'm a grown man and can deal with it somewhat. It looks like poo compared to angel eyes, but I figure that it's still a BMW!
Haha My X1 looks exactly like yours except the silver touring rack on top and bigger side mirror without the side indication cuz it's a 2013 model.

Totally regret not having the angel eyes as well. But like you, it was the one on the lot that I had to buy off, and I'm a grown man, so I can live with it as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #6
Van1
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

The problem for me with non HIDs on BMWs nowadays is that the one of the characteristic BMW design features, the double headlamp, is lost. Non HIDs on todays BMWs look like somebody wearing brown plastic rimmed, thick lensed glasses that need cleaning vs a nice sporty pair of wire rim glasses. The HIDs on the X1 retain the classic BMW double headlamp look.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #7
Dirtyduc
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van1
The problem for me with non HIDs on BMWs nowadays is that the one of the characteristic BMW design features, the double headlamp, is lost. Non HIDs on todays BMWs look like somebody wearing brown plastic rimmed, thick lensed glasses that need cleaning vs a nice sporty pair of wire rim glasses. The HIDs on the X1 retain the classic BMW double headlamp look.
As if we didn't feel bad enough driving our halogens around you had a write that... Sigh
Appreciate 0