Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

11-27-2012, 06:44 PM   #1
RocGuy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X1

I did it. Now I wait!

I went ahead and put down the deposit and ordered my X1 today. I appreciate the help I got here on deciding on options and specifics. What will I be getting?

Xdrive 28i in Mineral Grey w/the black leather w/ red/grey piping.

Sport line
Aluminum trim on the inside
Ultimate package (Tech + Premium + Driver Assistance)
Lighting package
Cold weather package
Harman Kardon stereo upgrade
Servotronic
BMW apps

I think that's it. Lol So it's basically loaded. But I plan on keeping this car for as long as I can. At least 5 years. And I drive a lot. I decided I wanted everything. So I went for it.

The sticker was 46,120 at this configuration. The dealer that I had been dealing with offered me a flat 1,200 discount on the car. They are the only one here in Rochester NY, so I called the dealer in Buffalo today. They offered me a discount of 2130. I said sold! They both gave me the same on my trade in and agreed to lock in the trade amount even tho I'll add miles in the next 2 months.

2,130 discount. I'm not sure of the percentage but it seemed like a good enough deal to me. I'm hoping some of you will agree? I don't want to really hear now that I got screwed!

So now I wait and wait for it! The dealer I went with told me it should be 6 weeks as they had an allocation for one left for the month. I won't be able to purchase it until 8 weeks from tomorrow but they will hold it for me until that day.

Anyways, thanks for the help I got from my questions here. I can't wait to get my new baby!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
one09jason
Rep

Sounds like a nice one. I'm in the same boat, having just ordered one as well. Hope your wait is short.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #3
two-five boy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 35i

Congrats on pulling the trigger! Although its unfortunate that you won't be able to get the extra $500 from its happier holiday promotion as u won't take delivery until January for sure.

Is ur $2100 discount before or after incentives? If u really want to find out ur bottom line price, goto bmwconfig.com and find out the invoice price on the car as equipped, add another $500, plus ~$500 for maco and training fees, and that would be the lowest price possible.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #4
RocGuy
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by two-five boy View Post
Congrats on pulling the trigger! Although its unfortunate that you won't be able to get the extra $500 from its happier holiday promotion as u won't take delivery until January for sure.

Is ur $2100 discount before or after incentives? If u really want to find out ur bottom line price, goto bmwconfig.com and find out the invoice price on the car as equipped, add another $500, plus ~$500 for maco and training fees, and that would be the lowest price possible.
Thanks. I will do that. They actually said I would be eligible for the holiday $500 by ordering it now, but I won't be financing it through BMW so I won't be getting it.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 08:59 PM   #5
RocGuy
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If u really want to find out ur bottom line price, goto bmwconfig.com and find out the invoice price on the car as equipped, add another $500, plus ~$500 for maco and training fees, and that would be the lowest price possible.
I figured out the invoice price, then added $500. That gives me a price $934 below what I paid. Can totally live with that.

What do you mean tho by "plus ~$500 for maco and training fees"? Is that in addition to the other 500? lol That would mean I paid $434 above invoice. Seems too good to be true?

Either way I think I'm happy with those numbers.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #6
Syle
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X1 -Mineral Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocGuy View Post
I figured out the invoice price, then added $500. That gives me a price $934 below what I paid. Can totally live with that.

What do you mean tho by "plus ~$500 for maco and training fees"? Is that in addition to the other 500? lol That would mean I paid $434 above invoice. Seems too good to be true?

Congrats RocGuy!!!.. glad you took my advice and shopped around!! about 4.5% off.... good for you! but i still have to gloat that i got a 6.5% off ... but that is quite good.... some people would take the 1000 discount..however, i understand that there are only two dealership in your area... . i'm glad you haggled! YEY!!! you will LOVE IT...

P.S since you got your stuff loaded and plan on keeping it... makes sure when your baby comes in to go ahead and buy the tire and wheel insurance package. The waiting sucks that much i promise you but but it's worth the wait!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 09:56 PM   #7
FL1051
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 xDrive28i Sport Line

Congrats RocGuy!! I'll be about a week behind you as I plan to order this weekend. I was planning to wait until January to time it so that I get it around the time my current lease ends, but I can't wait...
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 10:26 PM   #8
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocGuy View Post
Thanks. I will do that. They actually said I would be eligible for the holiday $500 by ordering it now, but I won't be financing it through BMW so I won't be getting it.
Yeah, that's what I don't get. Because I buy my car cash, no lien, money on the table, I get less discounts than someone who finances it? You'd think they would want to reward buyers who cause them less paperwork and risks, but...?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 10:46 PM   #9
famfmann
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive28i M Sport

Congrats RocGuy! Nice work on the deal!

Grovsnus, I think some dealerships like financing because they make more money than straight cash.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 11:08 PM   #10
Monterra
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 X1 msport sdrive28

3.29% over 5 years (for example) is nice $ for them esp. in this environment, they make more $, they throw you a bone, otherwise they don't, pretty simple. I'm sure they can get 1% money easily now so even with a given default % built in they still come out ahead.
2009 Montego/terra 128i 6MT (ouch)...great car
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 12:31 AM   #11
two-five boy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocGuy
Quote:
If u really want to find out ur bottom line price, goto bmwconfig.com and find out the invoice price on the car as equipped, add another $500, plus ~$500 for maco and training fees, and that would be the lowest price possible.

Yes. Maco and training fees are costs from dealer to bmwusa, non-negotiable fees that may vary a bit by region. My dealer's fees in NYC was $300 maco and $180 training, my sales showed them to me on her screen so can't dispute that. Bmwconfig does not account for these fees so it's always a bit lower than "true cost". The other $500 is dealer markup, or invoice plus. some ppl have gotten as low as invoice +$500, and up to +$1000 is considered as reasonable. It sounds like ur deal was invoice +$9xx which is ok considering the lack of dealer competition in ur area.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 05:38 PM   #12
RocGuy
Private
United_States
Rep

Ordered 2 days ago and production has begun today according to the tracking feature on the website. It does have all my options listed correctly too.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 05:47 PM   #13
FL1051
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 xDrive28i Sport Line

Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 06:37 PM   #14
nospam
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 Alpina B6; 430i; X5 40e

Take advantage of the bonus cash with BMW financing. You can always buy out the loan with cash at the first payment or refinance with your other lender if they will give you a better rate (which is what I do).
      11-29-2012, 07:06 PM   #15
RocGuy
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam View Post
Take advantage of the bonus cash with BMW financing. You can always buy out the loan with cash at the first payment or refinance with your other lender if they will give you a better rate (which is what I do).
I might do this. I was planning on financing a little more than half from my credit union to get 1.9. Which is a better savings than $500.

But I'm going to see if I can *also* finance 10K from BMW (they told me this was the minimum amount to finance to get the holiday cash) out of the money I was going to pay in cash. Then pay it off. $500 is $500...
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 10:13 PM   #16
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

Quote:
Take advantage of the bonus cash with BMW financing. You can always buy out the loan with cash at the first payment
That would likely not be good business. The loan charges, even if paying in full at the first payment, are unlikely to be less than $500. And if you live in a state where you don't get the lien until paid off, you likely have an extra fee for holding and transferring that too.

Quote:
or refinance with your other lender if they will give you a better rate (which is what I do)
Now that makes more sense if you are going to finance it anyhow, and the refinance/transfer fees don't exceed $500.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 10:42 PM   #17
Irish-Texan
BannerMan
Ireland
Rep
Drives: X3 35i MSport / X1 28ix MSport

Asked dealer about paying off early, and was told that you must keep the note for 6 months/payment periods otherwise you will get charged back the bonus dollars. Also, got my first payment notice and noticed that $5,000.00 is the max payment that can be processed.
Appreciate 0