XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > X1 DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

07-11-2023, 12:23 PM   #1
philles
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw x1 2012

FRM3 to FRM2 coding

Hi. I have a bmw x1 e84 2012 and my frm went bad. My blinkers, dashlights, highbeam and all those symtoms stopped working. I knew it was the frm so I was going to change it. But I have a frm2 laying around and thought I would try it. So I plugged it in and everything worked, blinkers, dashlights and everything apartfrom the headlights and taillights. So I tried to code it in and see if it would work then but nothing worked. I coded using videos as help to code the vin number in and the frm to the system/cas. Used winkfp and NCS-expert. I read somewhere else that it would work to code in the frm2 instead of a frm3 but it seems not to be working. Do I have to do some more advanced coding or does it not work at all? I really need help here if I am doing something wrong.

Really thankful for all replys!
Appreciate 0