Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

02-04-2022, 11:29 AM   #1
NeiL010204
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 2015 XDRIVE 28i

Dealership Maintenance Plan

Hi,
I enrolled in the Dealership Maintenance Plan when I purchased my X1.From the past 3 years they perform and covered the following:
Regular Oil and Filter Change
Replace F&R Rotor and Break Pad
Cabin Filter

Since last year,when car I'm assuming reached 50K Plus mileage,the following items was recommended.Please see pixs with cost.

I was surprised that my Service Manager stated the items are not covered in the Maintenance Plan Coverage which is very disspointing.

Thus I DIY the following:
Coolant Change
Power Steering
Battery Replacement-with Registration using Bimmerlink

Question:
1.Is there someone still enrolled maintenance plan?Is this really standard?
2. Fuel Injection,I watch FCA Euro Video..I think I can do it..but still missing an OBD ,planning to acquire Autel MP808K.Is it recommended for DIY?Or just pay the 380$ Plus
3. BG 4 X 4 Service -is this critical ?
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf X1 Maintenance Dealer Recommended.pdf (2.22 MB, 24 views)
      02-05-2022, 04:39 PM   #2
Gamb1t
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330i,X1,Z4,Solstice GXP, RX-8

What's BG 4x4 service? Do they mean replacing the transfer case fluid?
Fuel injection service appears to be a rip-off IMHO. It's basically Chevron Techron or Seafoam injector cleaners. Products that are quite cheap and easily obtainable.

Regardless, all of them are quite DIY-able.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2022, 07:38 AM   #3
NeiL010204
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 2015 XDRIVE 28i

Hi Gamb1t,
Base on their explanation as quote below:
"BG Drive Line Service
Operation Description:
One of our trained technicians will use state-of-the-art equipment to: quickly and
effectively remove old, worn out lubricants from manual transmissions, front and rear
differentials, transaxles, and transfer cases; install BG gear oil or additive package that is
required for the vehicle application; and road test your vehicle.
Significance:
Heat, moisture, extreme pressure and heavy load cause gear oils to breakdown or
become contaminated. Contaminated gear oils lead to lubrication failure and worn gears.
Worn gears = Major repair costs. A BG Drive Line Service performed at the appropriate
mileage intervals will provide your vehicle with thermal stability of the gear oil,
smoother gear shifting, quieter operation, improved fuel efficiency, extended component
life, and optimum drive line efficiency. Service recommended at OEM's requirements;
whenever vehicle has been driven through water; or 30,000 miles/50,000 km.
Advantage:
Benefits of the BG Drive Line Service include: thermal stability and long life of
lubricants, optimum drive line efficiency, improved seal performance, protection against
wear, pitting and corrosion, and extended component life."

Yeah,basically lubricant change.
On a 65K Miles car,is it recommended to do the Fuel Injection and 4x4 service?I have seen a FCA Euro Video with this,I haven't check DIY for the 4 x4 service.
I've been working from home for nearly 2 years so the car is less used and just sitting in garage tap with a Genius NOCO 26000 Tricle Charger.
      02-06-2022, 08:57 PM   #4
Gamb1t
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330i,X1,Z4,Solstice GXP, RX-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeiL010204 View Post
Hi Gamb1t,
Base on their explanation as quote below:
"BG Drive Line Service
Operation Description:
One of our trained technicians will use state-of-the-art equipment to: quickly and
effectively remove old, worn out lubricants from manual transmissions, front and rear
differentials, transaxles, and transfer cases; install BG gear oil or additive package that is
required for the vehicle application; and road test your vehicle.
If they are doing all that for $600, that's a pretty good deal. While these aren't too challenging to DIY (except Xfer case, it's a bit of a PITA) but the time saved would be pretty good.

Do they mean BG brand of driveline products found listed here?https://www.bgprod.com/catalog/drive-line/

If so, I would be vary as our BMWs especially the ZF8-speed transmission and xfer case require specific fluid. In addition the automatic transmission R&R would normally include replacing the filter pan. The front and rear diff fluid requirement is simpler. 75w90 GL5 synthetic will be fine. There are many threads here that you can reference.
Appreciate 0