Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

11-03-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
Redscreamer
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

headlights - non xenon

Hi guys,

Just put up a new topic as I had a few questions in relation to my newly ordered BMW X1 20D sdrive version.

I had some trouble to get the xenons on my ordered BMW X1 as apparently I was too late in the ordering process, so mine will be delivered without the xenons.

Now I don't care whether I have xenons or not as usually I will be the driving the car - and I don't see my own headlights.

But what I am interested to know is what is the actual look at night of a non xenon car (are the taillights also different?).

Does anyone know a link where I can admire the one I am gonna receive soon?

Just for your information, here's the set up I ordered:

BMW X1 20D 177BHP sDrive
-Comfort pack
+ Parking assistance front and Rear
+ Sport style steering wheel
+ 18 inch Style 322 with runflats
-X-line pack
-Nav pack
+ Internet onboard
Electric rearview mirrors

Basically I got all the nice stuff except leather and the xenons (which I did try to add, but was unable to)

Million thanks and love your posts guys
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 03:42 PM   #2
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redscreamer View Post
Hi guys,

But what I am interested to know is what is the actual look at night of a non xenon car (are the taillights also different?).

Hi Redscreamer, not sure I understand what you mean by how the car will look at night? To other road users Xenons look sharp blue-ish. Basically look at any xenon car on the road and you will see what I mean. Halogens are a more diffuse yellowish colour. The rear lights are also different. Xenon cars have two led light bars in each rear light cluster. Difficult to take pictures off but a member has posted a pic on here somewhere.

Xenon cars also have the "cats-eye" (some call them angel eyes) daytime running lights.

If its a big thing for you why don't you just cancel the order and then re-order. The BMW sales guy here in the UK did it for me at no charge so that I could get a MY11 one. Did delay my order by about 4 weeks but I was in no hurry.

What colour did you go for anyway?
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 04:56 PM   #3
Redscreamer
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Hi mario,

Thanks for you answer! Basically i have only seen pictures of xenon light packages. So i have seen
The two bars on the rear taillights and the cat eyes in front. But i was just wondering if i will be ending up with something very different compared to the xenon packages.

As for the cancelling and re ordering I was too late. Basically ordered end of august - indications were delivery date end of january 2011.
Half october i basically came to the conclusion 90 percent of the x1 owners have taken xenons. I went to my dealer to add it, but apparently BMW doesnt bother to add them and will supply me my car 2 months in advanced, meaning in 3 weeks.

Took the car in spacegrau as we liked the neutral colour - you dont see it very much on the X1 around on the streets. And I thought it will be a better color to resist to trends.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 05:48 PM   #4
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redscreamer View Post
Hi mario,

Thanks for you answer! Basically i have only seen pictures of xenon light packages. So i have seen
The two bars on the rear taillights and the cat eyes in front. But i was just wondering if i will be ending up with something very different compared to the xenon packages.

As for the cancelling and re ordering I was too late. Basically ordered end of august - indications were delivery date end of january 2011.
Half october i basically came to the conclusion 90 percent of the x1 owners have taken xenons. I went to my dealer to add it, but apparently BMW doesnt bother to add them and will supply me my car 2 months in advanced, meaning in 3 weeks.

Took the car in spacegrau as we liked the neutral colour - you dont see it very much on the X1 around on the streets. And I thought it will be a better color to resist to trends.

Cheers
You are welcome. Interesting you say that most where you are have chosen xenons. I would say the opposite is true here, most of those that I have seen do not have xenons. Don't worry too much about it, the cars great with or without them

Space grey is a lovely colour by the way and the 2.0D is an amazing engine. Have a look at pwceg and kumiorava's Space Grey X1's here http://e84.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=430038
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0