04-22-2012, 05:43 AM   #24
Mulberry
Catuvellauni
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive23d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoveon View Post
My retrofitted 2011 X1 M
Excellent series of posts ecoveon, and congratulations on retro fitting the MSport aero kit. A superb result Are we the only two to have done this?

I've been considering changing my X1 for a month or two, and was invited to the launch preview of the new Porsche Boxster last week. It's a huge improvement on my old Boxster 987 Sport Edition, and has helped me make up my mind on my next car. After talking to the team at Porsche it's clear that the proposed Macan (Cajun) is going to be of a similar quality to the Boxster, so for me unless the proposed X2 is an improvement on my current car, my next will be either a Macan or Cayman (which is based on the Boxster).

I'm still happy with my X1, and because the Macan won't be available untill 2013, I'm probably going to change my alloys when the time comes to replace the tyres. This will be with either 19" style 324 in Ferric Grey (£1994) or Style 311 (£1748) in silver from alloywheelsdirect.net. Depending on the cost I may also upgrade my brakes to the BMW Performance version, and have the silver strip that runs along the bottom of the windows changed to black (if it's possible). OK none of that makes financial sense, but I will feel happy keeping the car for another eighteen months which should help offset the pain of the depreciation a little.
Attached Images

Last edited by Mulberry; 04-22-2012 at 05:50 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 12:58 PM   #25
snowmanyee
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

I think what makes the LCI stands out are the larger front grilles and headlamps. The rest are not much.
Appreciate 0